lights

in Ventilation Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:15 pm
by 4u2sm0ke • Marijuana is good | 2.333 Posts | 10572 Points

do the lights need a scrubber on them?.....My temps in new room are higher then I like and may vent the lights...I scrubb the room...But do I need a scrubber on the lights as well?....Thanks

take care and be safe
Scroll up

RE: lights

in Ventilation Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:19 pm
by brimck325 | 55 Posts | 237 Points

should get a few degrees better suckin right through light rather then just out of room, if i understand you correctly.

Scroll up

in Ventilation Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:22 pm
by Cubby | 1.267 Posts | 4795 Points

If the lights are vented in line with air passing from outside the room, thru the lights, and exiting the room, the scrubber would not be a consideration at all (assuming the flex hose is uncompromised) But if you're drawing air from the room, thru the lights, then out of the room, you'd need the scrubber connected inline before the lights.

I hope the question you asked and the question I answered are the same question.....

MarP Class of 2007

BHC #6 7/8

"Life Is Hard; It's Harder If You're Stupid".............John Wayne.
Scroll up

in Ventilation Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:40 pm
by Weedhopper | 1.210 Posts | 4031 Points

Yeah,,cause pushing air thru the scrubber is not a good idea.

Scroll up

in Ventilation Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:43 pm
by MR1 | 703 Posts | 2417 Points

Quote: 4u2sm0ke wrote in post #1
do the lights need a scrubber on them?.....My temps in new room are higher then I like and may vent the lights...I scrubb the room...But do I need a scrubber on the lights as well?....Thanks

Yes, you can use your existing scrubber inline with your lights using cooltubes. I am cheap so I attached a small fan to the light hood blowing directly on the bulb. My room is 3' d 6' w 7.5' h. Temps are, inside room, 77 degrees f, temp at top of plant 77-80 depending on fan speed (8'' booster fan) not the best but has to do for now. Basement temp 68-70, intake is 13x6 exaust is 6''. Light ( 430 watt ) is 8'' away from plants ( scrog ) for over 5000 foot candles on my meter, 2000 is minimum. There is a larger 15'' fan blowing the same direction as the small fan.

Scroll up

in Ventilation Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:53 pm

What does a fan blowing on an exposed bulb do? I guess it would cool the bulb, but won't affect the room temps at all.

MarP Class of 2007

BHC #6 7/8

Scroll up

in Ventilation Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:25 pm
by MR1 | 703 Posts | 2417 Points

The idea is to get the heat away from the top of the plant. . Get the heat away from the plant and your exhaust will do the rest.

Scroll up

in Ventilation Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:29 pm
by ozzydiodude • The Weird One | 2.474 Posts | 11542 Points

Are your lights sealed? if so then pull air from outside the room thru the lights with flex duct connecting the lights to fan.
If the lights are not sealed them a larger cfm fan is needed.

Let's help each other, by spreading our knowledge of the plants we love
Scroll up

in Ventilation Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:33 pm
by pcduck (deleted)

Where are you drawing from? and where are you exhausting to?

I run sealed with CO2. Lights draw from outside(lung room) the tent thru the sealed lights then connects to a wye. The other inlet on the wye is coming from exhausting the interior of the tent. The exhaust from the wye goes to a carbon filter. I have to fans which connect just prior to the wye.

Obtinuit vermis?
Scroll up

in Ventilation Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:46 pm

[xquote|username="cduck"|userlink="u4_pcduck.html"|usercolor="#a80da8"|link="t210f12-lights.html#msg2034"|title="#9"|time=""]

Where are you drawing from? and where are you exhausting to?

I run sealed with CO2. Lights draw from outside(lung room) the tent thru the sealed lights then connects to a wye. The other inlet on the wye is coming from exhausting the interior of the tent. The exhaust from the wye goes to a carbon filter. I have to fans which connect just prior to the wye.[/xquote]

Duck, could you post pics or drawings or ?

MarP Class of 2007

BHC #6 7/8

\"Life Is Hard; It\'s Harder If You\'re Stupid\".............John Wayne.

Last edited Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:48 pm | Scroll up

in Ventilation Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:38 am
by pcduck (deleted)

@Cubby .....I am having a problem posting my drawing. But here it is in a nut shell.

The ventilation for the lights runs from outside the tent, thru the lights, back outside the tent to a fan.

The ventilation for the tent(air and heat exchange) comes out the top, to another fan.
The intake and exhaust for this run both have dampers on the end. These allow the CO2 to be kept in the tent and not be exhausted.

From these 2 fans the exhausted air connects to a wye that then connects to a carbon filter.

The carbon filter is at the end of the line and is completely outside of the room the tent is in.

Obtinuit vermis?
Scroll up

in Ventilation Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:21 am

That's pretty much what I thought but wasn't sure, thanks @pcduck .

MarP Class of 2007

BHC #6 7/8

Last edited Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:36 am | Scroll up

in Ventilation Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:30 am
by ozzydiodude • The Weird One | 2.474 Posts | 11542 Points
Attached pictures:
venting lights.png

Let\'s help each other, by spreading our knowledge of the plants we love

Last edited Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:31 am | Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 21 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 349 (yesterday 460) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: