who makes BHO?

in Coffee Table Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:11 pm
by bbr751 | 424 Posts | 1841 Points

my 3rd grow has about 3 weeks left to go.i want to use 30 grams to make some wax, i have a purge question. i will not be using a vacuum. will use hot water to burn off most off the butane. my question is, can i scrape it all up and reheat it, and stir out the rest of the butane? i

you found the best growers in the world. welcome to marijuana culture
Scroll up

RE: who makes BHO?

in Coffee Table Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:54 pm
by Timbrrline | 485 Posts | 1782 Points

Not really. It stays waxy for awhile (wks or months) then hardens. I used a vaccum for the first time a few wks ago. Its worth the expense. Goes from waxto shatter instantly. When you puff the shatter you will know where your money went. But i toked wax for yrs before i got the vaccum

Scroll up

in Coffee Table Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:26 pm
by Monoxide | 649 Posts | 2595 Points

agree, vacuum is the way to go. I used to make it, but quit. It wasnt for me. I like my flowers.

Whoop Whoop! MCL!!
Scroll up

in Coffee Table Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:28 pm
by Ston-loc | 376 Posts | 1601 Points

Low temp oven purge works too. My vacuum pump is starting to crap out on me and not getting to full vac, so I kind of do a combo of the two. Use the vac to get the bulk out, and oven purge the last little bit.

Scroll up

in Coffee Table Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:08 pm
by orangesunshine | 803 Posts | 3182 Points

you can purge the rest of the butane by reheating and stirring on the stove top---keep the temps low towards 125f to keep the consistency/color of wax---it will lose the honey color if you heat it too hot

this can be a very dangerous activity---take safety seriously by blasting outdoors---do not bring to the stove top until ALL the butane has stopped bubbling out doors beforehand---be safe

Scroll up

in Coffee Table Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:30 am
by LEFTHAND | 111 Posts | 418 Points

You can most def purge it with hot water or on parchment paper n oven.
Keeping in mind if you want shatter to keep temps in 150-180f any higher then 180f changes the make up n u end up with gooey waxy smoke.
Warming it n stiring it. Will infuse air into it n make it more like wax n peanut butter consistency.

Be carefull n don't blow yourself up my friend.
LH

Last edited Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:32 am | Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 7 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 202 (yesterday 434) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: