Tiny quick moving yellowish bugs?

in Plant probems Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:12 pm
by ross | 51 Posts | 190 Points

My couple week old clones have some tiny (not spider mite small but pretty small) yellow quick moving bugs and I think the damage is not like spider mite brown dotted spotting bud rather more like the top layer of the leaves were scratched off in little patches. I'm hoping somebody might know what I'm describing I know the description is fairly vague but they aren't like the green aphids and a little smaller I'm thinking maybe some young thrips?

Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction.” - Robert Nesta Marley
Scroll up

RE: Tiny quick moving yellowish bugs?

in Plant probems Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:42 pm
by Melvan | 492 Posts | 2234 Points

aphids can be green, yellow, black, brown, or red depending on their species. They use little sucker mouths that pull the sap out of the plant, damage can look like a scraping, with brown dots, yellowing leaves, and wilting when it's a heavy infestation.

Thrips do the same rasping of the leaves to suck out the sap, but infected leaves have shiny, kind of silver looking damage. And, if they're to the point of infestation, you'll see them marching up the plant, even though they're small.

Good luck

http://www.greenthumbgirls.com/
Scroll up

in Plant probems Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:04 am
by 4u2sm0ke • Marijuana is good | 2.333 Posts | 10572 Points

can you get us a Photo of these?....Like melvan said ..could be a few diffrent things...

Light travels faster then sound....... This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Scroll up

in Plant probems Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:02 pm
by ross | 51 Posts | 190 Points

They're so small I don't think I pic would do much but also I haven't seen them after spraying spinosad.

Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction.” - Robert Nesta Marley
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 7 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 471 (yesterday 605) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: