RE: Lbezphil2005's Organic Journey for Medicine

in Grow Journals Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:38 am
by Melvan | 492 Posts | 2234 Points

I think they'll root, they'll just take a while and need some reveg if you took them in week 4. They'll probably need a lot of reveg time taken that late. When I take cuts that far in, I usually end up taking the first cut from the clone that is showing proper leaf growth and run that, not the original cut. I've had too many experiences where a no-herm pheno didn't like to be run from reveg and I ended up with nanners.

I know this isn't the case for every cut, many people harvest a whole plant, reveg it, then run that same plant again. I just think that's way to much stress and leaves too many doors open for nanners to walk through.

I'm sorry you're having so much trouble getting the Hep C treated. Has their been any discussion of a transplant (if that's any of my business), or do they think finding the right combo of drugs will put it in check?

http://www.greenthumbgirls.com/
Scroll up

RE: Lbezphil2005's 2014 Organic Journey for Medicine

in Grow Journals Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:40 pm
by Berenger | 13 Posts | 91 Points

Hang in there! You will beat it.

Grow looks great. Hows that 66 lambsbread doing?

Scroll up

RE: Lbezphil2005's Organic Journey for Medicine

in Grow Journals Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:20 am
by lbezphil2005 | 60 Posts | 247 Points

Quote: Melvan wrote in post #26
I think they'll root, they'll just take a while and need some reveg if you took them in week 4. They'll probably need a lot of reveg time taken that late. When I take cuts that far in, I usually end up taking the first cut from the clone that is showing proper leaf growth and run that, not the original cut. I've had too many experiences where a no-herm pheno didn't like to be run from reveg and I ended up with nanners.

I know this isn't the case for every cut, many people harvest a whole plant, reveg it, then run that same plant again. I just think that's way to much stress and leaves too many doors open for nanners to walk through.

I'm sorry you're having so much trouble getting the Hep C treated. Has their been any discussion of a transplant (if that's any of my business), or do they think finding the right combo of drugs will put it in check?

Since i had such a bad response the first time followed by such a good response in a short time they think that either an extended treatment plan or one of the newer, single dose treatments would be effective, just need to sustain it long enough to make sure its all gone. I guess when you've had it for 30 years its hard to kill it, lol. Thanks for the advice on the reveg, And i really appreciated your link to the cloning thread, I am using root riot plugs right now with extreme gardening's azos and so far have gotten 99.9% success, the only loss was one of the Sativa Diva Lambsbread clones which was 3 weeks in, too.

Last edited Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:26 am | Scroll up

in Grow Journals Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:35 am

Quote: Berenger wrote in post #27
Hang in there! You will beat it.

Grow looks great. Hows that 66 lambsbread doing?

Thanks Bro! the lambsbread is doing pretty good, #! is stretching some while #2 is kinda chillin at the moment. both were slowly recovering from some earlier overwatering just to get hit with some rain after just being watered, lol, but here in a few more days i will get some pics of them and the chunky phatberry, the nl5/hz and a few others. All the cuttings rooted so I am super happy about that, they were from lower branches and thought they'd be difficult but nope! really happy so far, but i think its going to be one of those 13-14 week strains from the way flowering is starting out. I don't care if it takes until march as long as it doesn't start to re-veg!! From everything i am seeing its the real deal, just hope the high is still in the genetics. thanks for stopping by!!

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:15 pm

I've got some Sativa Diva in my garden right now too, Double Down Diesel

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:21 pm

Sweet!! I saw you got some new stuff for freebies and stuff, thats cool!! Here is another pic of the frosted buckeye and also the master herijuana og - thinking of calling it the class of 81 (want to name it TJB, after my best friend tim who died when we were 17, senior year in high school- we used to get so freaking stoned out by his parents house he physically couldn't function - ride a bike, even talk sometimes, lol! something about me and him together, it was like smoke till we finish the bag, period!! We melted a metal and plastic pipe smoking an oz of columbian gold one night, or trying to anyway - ended up going to taco bells drive thru and ordering 2 burrito supremes a piece, then driving down the street 2 blocks to del taco because those were already gone and we were hungry again, then to the donut shop to eat cinnamon rolls and play asteroids!!! Ahh yes, those were the days, lmao!!) I had to include this in the story about tim - EVERY time we got high and went to the store, he told me " i want a weeses and a wocky woad" - every single time!! God he was a righteous friend - he dumped over my cousins 4x8 plywood sheet fully covered with 6 oz coffee cups filled with potting soil and seedlings, hmmmmmm - he went 100 over the top of this hill in town and caught air halfway down the other side, hit so hard it flattened the bottom of his headers and stripped the nuts off the header bolts, fire was shooting from under the hood from the valves being right there, that was one crazy dude and a heck of a driver.

Frosted Buckeye at 4 weeks

Master Herijuana OG

Mary Janes Skunk from Insane Seed Posse

all these are right at 4 weeks into flower, really happy so far!!!

Last edited Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:30 pm | Scroll up

in Grow Journals Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:26 am

OMG! Getting high and playing asteroids, I remember doing that, lol.

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:08 pm

Melvan - have you ever had a plant grow hairs out of a leaf, or one of the bumps on the edge of the leaf to be more precise? Jesus this frosted buckeye is tripping me out !! in this picture, if you look just to the right of where the small leaf comes out of the bud and curls downward, you can see 2 hairs growing out of what i am pretty sure is the leaf, not a calyx. just noticed in the pic and its too dark to see tonight but in the morning i will look again. I've seen where a leaf has grown out a calyx with hairs before, but nothing like this.

frosted buckeye, from today. smells of strawberries and grapes, sweet, with just a touch of cream. even smells like that when i lift the dome on my cloning tray, its like being in heaven. smells better than anything i've ever smoked or grown.

the trichs are turning purple, too - pink, man i bet this would make some mean concentrate!!

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:42 am

I've never seen what you're talking about. I've grown plants, not Frosty Buckeye, but others, where I'll have a calyx and some pistils grow out the center of a fan leaf.

It seems you have found a very interesting pheno. Any chance of getting a full sized plant shot of her? How is she structurally right now?

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:38 pm

I'll do it after the storm passes. she didn't branch out much, just really super vigorous, the ph swings didn't hardly phase her except for maybe the branching thing so i think she's pretty tough, no sign of nanners. i may have a couple better pics, let me take a peek in the files - i take pictures almost every day, lmao. sometimes its the only way I catch bugs on my plants, hahaha!!

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:37 am

Here you go,, melvan. She grew straight up, nodes stayed pretty close thru veg (I think I stalled out the branching leaving it in a smaller pot too long, either that or the ph swing) buds seem to be forming nice and solid - it also isn't getting all the sunlight it should - when i planned the plot out it was august and I forgot how far down the sun dips here, orange tree is shading the whole thing right now right thru midday!! then again, not out for yield as much as for phenos and making a few seeds, hopefully these all will take and I will have a few really interesting polyhybrids to mess around with. it looks like both buckeye purples will be males, getting ready to start a few more of those and looking at crossing the lambsbread, nl5/hz and a couple others with one of these males, if they turn out "breedable" - one is a 9 leaf phone with big pollen clusters, the other a 7 leafer, just starting to show, both have nice color.
Frosted Buckeye

Chunky Phatberry top

Mary Janes Skunk

Master Herijuana OG

Not sure if its the genetics or this new soil i am using (or a combination of both) but i am really liking the terpene/trichome production on all these - sure hope the pollen takes!!!! Thanks for stopping in!

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:01 am

Thanks! She could have used a topping round, but sometimes it's fun just to let them do their thing.

Scroll up

in Grow Journals Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:37 pm

I am going to bush out the clones big time - also looks like the pollen took, seeds are pooching out on the lower buds - getting real close to pulling her and definitely taking the master heri og and the mango kush's early in the morning tomorrow. Just checked back in pics and they were all in by the end of october, all trichs look cloudy with a few amber or purple, lol - just wondering if i should wait a little longer till the rest of the hairs change, keeping a close eye on trichs on the frosted buckeye? she's really filled in the past week or so and i don't want to get trigger happy. Patience, patience, patience!!!! (mango kush, master heri and mj skunk are all really close - i am mistaken in calling her mary janes skunk, im so - its mendocino joes skunk, lol!! not sure where i got mary jane except for the mj initials, lol!!) thanks in advance, mel!!

Last edited Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:02 pm | Scroll up

in Grow Journals Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:01 am

With the Frosty Buckeye being a polyhybrid, take time has to be up to you. The first run all you can really do anyway is go by what you see in your scope, then adjust your harvest day with the clone runs.

Although, with the way that gal is purple like the Buckeye Purple, you probably have a BP leaner there, which should give you a 55-60 day finish.

Keep up the great work Phil

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 409 (yesterday 224) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: