Injecting new Gene's Into a f4 or more hybird .

in Breeding Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:36 am
by sin inc | 101 Posts | 934 Points

hey giys i was sitting here thinking . now that i have a stable (to my liking) 70 % uniformed growth 30 mix of different phenotypes. true breeding hybrid of my own making. EWD#2
anywatybecause i have very limted space i was thinking of taking a short cut. what if i grew out a plant that i like and wanted to added that phenotype into that stable f4 tb or higher gene pool . if you breed the f4 and that f1 i just found. what % of unified genes would you lose and what % of the f1 would you gain . the short cut would be replacing the f4 tb and using the new f2 cross as a stable breeding strain. what do you think guys and gals

Scroll up

RE: Injecting new Gene's Into a f4 or more hybird .

in Breeding Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:27 am
by ozzydiodude • The Weird One | 2.474 Posts | 11542 Points

you get 50% of the genes from each parent so you "lose" 50% theatricality but you do not know for sure which of the genes are going to be dominant over the other genes or what genes are in both the will be "boosted" to a dominant gene.

You're not replacing anything. You are starting a new breeding of a cross when you cross the F4 with a F1 or any other strain. Any stability is lost til you grow out the new cross and see which way the crossing of the 2 strains went.

Let's help each other, by spreading our knowledge of the plants we love

Cannabis grown with care grows into medicine somewhere!
Scroll up

in Breeding Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:14 am
by umbra | 780 Posts | 4085 Points

When you breed a F4 to a F1 the prodigy would not be F2, it would be a F1.

Scroll up

in Breeding Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:02 am
by 4u2sm0ke • Marijuana is good | 2.333 Posts | 10572 Points

^^^^^^^^^ Yeahthat ^^^^^^^^^^

Light travels faster then sound....... This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Scroll up

in Breeding Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:13 am
by Melvan | 492 Posts | 2234 Points

And an F4 is no where near a true breeding strain. True breeding strains are worked out much further.

http://www.kindgreenbuds.com/cannabis-gr...-a-true-strain/

http://www.greenthumbgirls.com/

Last edited Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:13 am | Scroll up

in Breeding Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:37 pm

hey thanks guys thats what i came up with to. i just dont have the space to start anthoer new strain. i guess i will have to put it into reveg and keep it as house plant for now .. seedsman just sent me some good stock to grow out. so i will be working on that foor a good while
ozzy youknow your the man . my ewd#2 are f6 and very stable and i know that this f6 is not very far in the way of the big breeder s but its good for me because they was not made for sale just me.. plus now thier are so many new seed companys that sale f1's and dont really grow out tiher gear at all. . i trying to figure if i should keep f2-f5 seeds i only really like the f1 and the f6 groups. shortbus you have some f2-f5seeds coiming your way bother. \now if i can just find somebody that grows outside . i would love to see my plants grown outside.

as you can see in the pic both are f6 ewd#2 started at the same time one in a 32oz cup and the other in a 2 gallon grow bag both looked the same and grew .the same. i am getting the breeding down now. i just cant seam to stop.

Attached pictures:
IMG_20140214_044115.jpg

Last edited Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:55 pm | Scroll up

in Breeding Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:58 pm
by 4u2sm0ke • Marijuana is good | 2.333 Posts | 10572 Points

@sin inc ...There are a few that grow outside. I dont know if I have the Space in my Back yard this year But may be able to help you Next summer......Can you not find a Plot for a couple ? those some Chubby girls ya have

Light travels faster then sound....... This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Scroll up

in Breeding Thu May 01, 2014 5:57 am

thanks smoke .but yea i would like to see what my f1 ewd#2 would do on a outside grow

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 5 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 148 (yesterday 473) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: