Marijuana Legalization in Alabama and Tennessee...Very Frustrating

in Coffee Table Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:22 pm
by JackRyan420 | 288 Posts | 1272 Points

I work at a place that is convenient to living in either Alabama or Tennessee, with the same commute to work. And I was so hoping that one of those two states might legalize marijuana this year (medical or recreational), but it looks like neither will. And not just for this year; it looks like it will be several years before the politicians get the message.

I hate cold weather, but Colorado is looking pretty good to me right now.

Last edited Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:24 pm | Scroll up

RE: Marijuana Legalization in Alabama and Tennessee...Very Frustrating

in Coffee Table Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:51 am
by Drfting07 | 264 Posts | 1092 Points

Im with you. Ive given my state an ultimatum.

5 years, you've got 5 years virginia and im moving!.

"Never Kick a Fresh Turd on a Hot Day" Harry S. Truman
Feed the Soil, Not the Plant - Umbra
Scroll up

in Coffee Table Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:22 pm
by Hushpuppy | 77 Posts | 323 Points

I am already making my plans to leave NC. I was hoping Tenn would be the first to make the move as my wife wants to move to the mountains of Tenn. I am surprised to see NC actually has a Senator who is putting up a bill to legalize the medical use of CBD because the little girl in the news that has severe Epilepsy which is only helped with CBD oil (hash oil that is high in CBD). Its hard to say if it will make it through the Republican controlled state gov. It would be a good start at breaking down the walls.

Doctor Madbud
Scroll up

in Coffee Table Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:57 pm
by Cubby | 1.267 Posts | 4795 Points

I think the South will legalize as a region. As soon as one legalizes, the rest will see the financial benefits, and follow suit.

MarP Class of 2007

BHC #6 7/8

Scroll up

in Coffee Table Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:52 pm
by Grower13 | 513 Posts | 2013 Points

Deal says Ga. to explore medical marijuana options
Posted: Mar 24, 2014 2:18 PM EDT
Updated: Mar 24, 2014 1:30 PM EDT

ATLANTA (AP) - Gov. Nathan Deal says he's working to see if there's something the state could do to help families who say a form of medical marijuana would ease their children's debilitating conditions.

A bill allowing cannabis oil to be legally dispensed through an academic research program failed to pass before the legislative session ended last week despite support from top Republicans. Time ran out after the bill was caught in last-minute maneuvering by lawmakers.

Deal said Monday that he was moved by stories of the children, some of whom suffer dozens of seizures a day. Deal says he'll be working with agency heads "to see if there is something that we can do to make this treatment possible." Deal says he's not sure yet if this can be done without legislation.

#1 Rule......... tell no one

MP BHC.......0013
Scroll up

in Coffee Table Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:29 pm
by Justa420Friend | 633 Posts | 2284 Points

ya, I'm giving oh-high-oh 3-5 years and then I'm moving

I'm SICK of hiding in my basement... maybe in my teens it was ok but I'm a 42 y/o man who isn't doing anything wrong.
(gets me sooooo MAD!)

Your Experience is like Water
I am like Rockwool
Scroll up

in Coffee Table Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:50 am
by Monoxide | 649 Posts | 2595 Points

i registered to vote this year, because i know it will be up to vote on soon.

Whoop Whoop! MCL!!
Scroll up

in Coffee Table Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:46 pm

Quote: Grower13 wrote in post #5
Deal says Ga. to explore medical marijuana options
Posted: Mar 24, 2014 2:18 PM EDT
Updated: Mar 24, 2014 1:30 PM EDT

ATLANTA (AP) - Gov. Nathan Deal says he's working to see if there's something the state could do to help families who say a form of medical marijuana would ease their children's debilitating conditions.

A bill allowing cannabis oil to be legally dispensed through an academic research program failed to pass before the legislative session ended last week despite support from top Republicans. Time ran out after the bill was caught in last-minute maneuvering by lawmakers.

Deal said Monday that he was moved by stories of the children, some of whom suffer dozens of seizures a day. Deal says he'll be working with agency heads "to see if there is something that we can do to make this treatment possible." Deal says he's not sure yet if this can be done without legislation.

Yeah, those idiot politicians successfully passed popular new (locally desired) gun laws, but failed to help kids.

I have no problem with guns. Unless they are valued above kids.

Scroll up

in Coffee Table Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:08 pm

well, they just voted mmj down once again in TN yesterday. Sucks living in the Bible Belt.

Whoop Whoop! MCL!!
Scroll up

in Coffee Table Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:12 pm
by Grower13 | 513 Posts | 2013 Points

Democrats' great green hope? Americans only want to vote for marijuana.

Things are not looking too good for Democrats in the upcoming 2014 midterm elections, and a new George Washington University Battleground poll is, on the surface, more bad news. The respondents were roughly evenly split between Democrats and Republicans, but 64 percent of GOP voters said they are "extremely likely" to vote in November, versus 57 percent of Democrats. President Obama's 44 percent approval rating won't help the Democrats, and a daunting 73 percent said their personal economic situation has stayed the same or gotten worse over the past four years.

But there is one silver lining for Democrats: Marijuana. While 82 percent of respondents disapprove of Congress — with both parties "universally despised," according to Democratic pollster Celinda Lake — 73 percent support medical marijuana in their states, 53 percent back decriminalizing pot, and most importantly, 68 percent said they are more likely to go to the polls if marijuana is on the ballot. Voters in both parties are in favor of looser marijuana laws, but the highest levels of motivation are among younger, single people — a group that skews Democratic.
Flickr

"We are very excited about the marijuana numbers in this poll, not only for personal consumption to get through this election, but [also] in terms of turnout," says Lake.
- -

#1 Rule......... tell no one

MP BHC.......0013
Scroll up

in Coffee Table Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:50 pm

its crazy because i lean more right then left. only thing democratic in me is, i don't care if your gay, you have an abortion, you do drugs. to each their own.

Whoop Whoop! MCL!!
Scroll up

in Coffee Table Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:33 pm

Quote: Monoxide wrote in post #11
its crazy because i lean more right then left. only thing democratic in me is, i don't care if your gay, you have an abortion, you do drugs. to each their own.

The younger generation (and members of older generations) have recently made one thing clear: They want marijuana legalized.

I don't see any GOP politician getting elected while opposing legalized weed. Well, maybe in some of the Bible Belt states, but no where else.

So the GOP had better take notice. With the current disapproval of Obama by the US citizens, and the tough road the democrats have getting reelected this fall, the GOP could take control if they went on a massive "legalize weed" campaign. Surely, they're smart enough to know that. Let's see if they have the guts to actually do it.

Scroll up

in Coffee Table Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:35 pm

Quote: Monoxide wrote in post #9
well, they just voted mmj down once again in TN yesterday. Sucks living in the Bible Belt.

Yeah, sigh. Come on, Tennessee. Vote out the idiots who refused to support us.

Scroll up

in Coffee Table Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:43 pm
by Weedhopper | 1.210 Posts | 4031 Points

If Texas goes Legal,,, its because they are jealous of Colorado making so much money,,and they want their greedy hands on some of it. Other wise they would just tell you to go screw yourself because your going to hell.

We all are a form of Energy,,, and Energy never dies,,IT CHANGES FORMS. Im gonna be Dirt,,your gonna be POO. LOL

Last edited Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:45 pm | Scroll up

in Coffee Table Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:58 pm
by Flyinghigh | 11 Posts | 42 Points

I moved from cali 4 yr ago and moved to arkie because it was suppose to be on the ballet to vote on. But it was taken off due to double signatures and not register voters or felons.
Which ever I was so mad that I moved here.
I ran around with all kinds of papers about legalize of marijuana and hats in front windshield, I didn't care, and talked to cops, lawyers, anybody that would listen in talking about Marijuana.
When it didn't pass I was ready to move, guess I am here to stay, and I smoke freely, as I don't care on my property.
I grow for myself, and tell no one....

Rule # 1 TELL Nobody.
I Grow For Myself.
I Don't Grow For Others.
I Don't Sell As That Jail Time.
I Enjoy What I Am Doing.
I Like To Share With My Friends
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 9 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 102 (yesterday 473) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: