maybe not a problem

in Plant probems Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:01 am
by Monoxide | 649 Posts | 2595 Points

Are there some strains that don't get that frosty? It seems my pineapple punch was just covered in frosty trics. the kali 47 and ss isnt really that frosty.

Whoop Whoop! MCL!!
Scroll up

RE: maybe not a problem

in Plant probems Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:14 am
by surfinc | 1.748 Posts | 6388 Points

I would say look back at Ph and how many shocks and such were given if any throughout the flower cycle, possibly remember any differences between the grows??...nute or feed uptake at the right times is crucial IMO...
or maybe just not as juicy of a strain??
green mojo...
last thought is are you at the same point? does the latter grow need more flowering time?? to fully develop the trichs you are looking for?

<></p>
Scroll up

in Plant probems Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:19 am
by 4u2sm0ke • Marijuana is good | 2.333 Posts | 10572 Points

Some just dont Frost up but Still pack a punch..I grew "Misty Bubble" that didnt have many trichs but was Fat as Hell...and smoked just great

Light travels faster then sound....... This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Scroll up

in Plant probems Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:25 am
by Melvan | 492 Posts | 2234 Points

I think what people forget is that when all our hybrids were landrace strains they developed their smells/resin production to attract the pollinators specific to their environment. If the lineage of your plants comes from landrace strains that didn't need a lot of resin to catch pollen, or they didn't need to get some sticky on the insects to carry pollen on them from plant to plant, then it's not going to appear in our hybrids.

"Frostiness" doesn't not equate to potency either. Some of the most potent tokes I've smoked have grown with very little "sparkle", and feel greasy instead. Eugenics Genetics OG Graze comes to mind right away. Very little frost, even indoor it looked like an od plant, a bit of sparkle only on the bud, nothing on the leaves, but when smoked it turned me into a blubbering idiot.

http://www.greenthumbgirls.com/
Scroll up

in Plant probems Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:54 am

well the pp was an auto so i can't say its the same time. I will be able to tell you a litle more once the cure is done. right now it smells like fresh cut hay. another question. does the potentcy come out in the cure? or just the smell / taste? If i was to smoke a bowl now, even though its not ready will it be as good "potencty wise" now as it will later?

Whoop Whoop! MCL!!
Scroll up

in Plant probems Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:17 pm

patience...patience..i dont have any either...but imo you should wait to get a true read on the bud

<></p>
Scroll up

in Plant probems Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:54 am
by umbra | 780 Posts | 4085 Points

the cure will not change the potency

Last edited Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:54 am | Scroll up

in Plant probems Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:08 am
by Hushpuppy | 77 Posts | 323 Points

Different strains will show differing amounts of trichome development, and differing amounts of potency that isn't tied to the amount of trichomes. Iff it smells like hay then you may have dried it too fast and locked in some of the chlorophyll. You can get some off that out by allowing it to cure longer and slower. I would think that you should be able to do a smoke test now for potency, just ignore the harshness and fflavor until it has cured longer.

Doctor Madbud

Last edited Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:09 am | Scroll up

in Plant probems Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:36 am

Quote: Hushpuppy wrote in post #8
Different strains will show differing amounts of trichome development, and differing amounts of potency that isn't tied to the amount of trichomes. Iff it smells like hay then you may have dried it too fast and locked in some of the chlorophyll. You can get some off that out by allowing it to cure longer and slower. I would think that you should be able to do a smoke test now for potency, just ignore the harshness and fflavor until it has cured longer.

i smoked, it wasn't too harsh. the taste wasnt there or the smell. The high was though. Now i wait for the taste and smell to come through. I think maybe i didn't dry it long enough. it was crunchy when i jar'd it up. but when i opened the jar up it was damp again.

Whoop Whoop! MCL!!
Scroll up

in Plant probems Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:09 am

crunchy was on the outside...there was still some moisture in the center or in the bud..smelled like hay also dry out too fast maybe?
Then when seal the jar it will release its last gasp?? or whatever moisture is in it will then kinda even out..like you said kinda damp again...
Popping the lids for a while after getting into the jars is part of my program. At least first few weeks...

I have had to remove from jar before also for a good hour or more back on a screen when i have started too fast with the dry..then way too moist to be in jar after like 24 hours...so it varies and you have to watch...IMO

<></p>
Scroll up

in Plant probems Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:11 pm

well its smokeable in a paper. so its not that damp. usually if its too damp it wont smoke in a paper. i have like 55 humidty in the area where it dries. it dried for about 5 days until it was crunchy to the touch. maybe next time, i'll let it go to 6-7 days and then jar it.

Whoop Whoop! MCL!!
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 6 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 247 (yesterday 224) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: