Houston...we may have a problem!

in Plant probems Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:01 pm
by anglerguy78 | 67 Posts | 333 Points

Hope you expert growers can help me with a problem. I have three tall and bushy ladies in the ground. They are about 6.5' tall and about 5' dia but are close together (trunks about 4' apart). They each have ~ 12-15 mains but each main is about 4' long and relatively thin. All are at start of heavy flower growth with Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom for feed. My question is if I should cut off 2-4 mains so other mains thicken in the next few weeks of good light or is that a waste of good colas? Plants are staked with string supports surrounding them at different levels and have larger branches tied to string. I'm worried that there are too many mains for the amount of root ball (about 5 gal each). Here's a pic of girl scout cookie on aug 3. The other two are much like her in size. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Green Mojo!

Attached pictures:
IMG_7635 (853x1280).jpg
Scroll up

RE: Houston...we may have a problem!

in Plant probems Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:13 am
by ozzydiodude • The Weird One | 2.474 Posts | 11542 Points

IMO your in the outdoors so let she grow she will do fine. you might have to put a few supports under her but other wise she will support her self in most cases

Let's help each other, by spreading our knowledge of the plants we love

Cannabis grown with care grows into medicine somewhere!
Scroll up

in Plant probems Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:13 am
by Ston-loc | 376 Posts | 1601 Points

Agreed,,, worst case, they sag and break.!if you support them they won't. Stake and tie and leave them be.

Scroll up

in Plant probems Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:41 am

Great...that's what I was hoping to hear. Just checked on them this am and saw stems getting fatter...ready for BUDS! Yippee! Thanks ston and ozzy.

Scroll up

in Plant probems Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:17 pm
by 4u2sm0ke • Marijuana is good | 2.333 Posts | 10572 Points

mojo for a great finish

Light travels faster then sound....... This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Scroll up

in Plant probems Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:39 pm

Well so far your advice is spot on...give 'em water, nutrients, sun, and a lot of love and they start to show their appreciation. The gals are now about 7' with a couple branches of each reaching 7.5' and smelling great. The current weather in new England is great for flower production, warm days, cool and shortening nights. One question though...during the pure water between feedings, will giving molasses at 1 tablespoon/gal water have any negative effects with the FF Big Bloom and FF Tiger Bloom and Cha Ching? Heard so much about giving molasses, thought I would try it.

Attached pictures:
IMG_7717 - Copy (853x1280).jpg
IMG_7719 - Copy (1280x991).jpg
Scroll up

in Plant probems Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:52 pm
by ozzydiodude • The Weird One | 2.474 Posts | 11542 Points

the molasses id for feeding the microbes and would be better for your plants if it was adding to some water ,worm castings and bubble it for 24 too 36 hrs before water the plants.

To 5 gallon of water add 1 cup worm castings and 5 TSP of molasses bubble if for 24 to 36 hrs and water. This will give the microbes a boast so that they can used the available nutrients to convert them to a more plant useable form

Let's help each other, by spreading our knowledge of the plants we love

Cannabis grown with care grows into medicine somewhere!
Scroll up

in Plant probems Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:39 pm

Thanks for that recipe ozzy. I'm at the point where I need a 5gal container for each watering so this will be perfect. I don't have a place to bubble it for 24-36 hrs but just letting it stand should work some. Green mojo!

Scroll up

in Plant probems Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:48 pm
by Cubby | 1.267 Posts | 4795 Points

Quote: anglerguy78 wrote in post #8
Thanks for that recipe ozzy. I'm at the point where I need a 5gal container for each watering so this will be perfect. I don't have a place to bubble it for 24-36 hrs but just letting it stand should work some. Green mojo!

Letting it sit won't work, it must have the bubbler to oxygenate the tea.

BHC #6 7/8
Scroll up

in Plant probems Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:06 pm
by LEFTHAND | 111 Posts | 418 Points

Quote: anglerguy78 wrote in post #8

What cubby said brah
You need the oxygen. To activate/n multiply the good ;).
Letting it sit will only allow the bad to thrive n take I've any good.
Even a cpl pond pumps to move n splash the water will work.
LH.

Scroll up

in Plant probems Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:16 pm

Looks like it's off to the pet store for me. Thanks.

Scroll up