20 x 30 "The Lab"

in Showing off Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:46 pm
by shortbus | 253 Posts | 1304 Points

been putting in a few hours here and there over the past 6 months. i'd say about 30 hrs in total i've worked on this one. still lots to do though

pic 1 - gives you the best view of the veg area + drying rack, with the heat/ac combo above it. veg space is 4' X 12'. as you can see i have to change my 2 x 8ft t5's. gonna have to make that 4 x 4ft t5's...last time i checked they didn't make 8 footers lol...i think. computer and tv on the left. gotta have the tv

pic 2 - 2 x 4'x8' flower rooms, 4 x 600 or 1k watt hps in total. put the "control room" between the flower rooms. propane tank, hydrogen c02 generator, iponic 600, 8" or 10" inline split into 2 x 6" duct, running in a closed loop(outside to outside). and a storage/drying closet at the end

pic 3 - worm bins in the corner. i have to re-design this seeing as how the original design doesn't accurately represent what it would actually look like. a compost bin, and a bin for amending soil.

pic 4 - is just a shot of the whole space.

enjoy

greenmojo

Scroll up

RE: 20 x 30 "The Lab"

in Showing off Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:22 pm
by Flyinghigh | 11 Posts | 42 Points

Thank u shortbus. This is helpful as I am building a
16x20 x8 ht shed with a storage shelf on top. Like a tuff shed barn.
I will be asking questions when I am building my rooms..

Scroll up

in Showing off Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:32 pm
by MR1 | 703 Posts | 2417 Points

Nice Shortbus, which program did you use to make that?

Scroll up

in Showing off Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:28 pm
by Grower13 | 513 Posts | 2013 Points

I wish I could have a grow room like that............ I'd retire at 50 and grow. grow, grow.

You going to control odor SB?

As tall as your plants could be I'd go with the 1000 watters.

#1 Rule......... tell no one

MP BHC.......0013
Scroll up

in Showing off Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:33 pm
by Justa420Friend | 633 Posts | 2284 Points

just two things hit me

-HPS light height adjustment

-buckets (in flower) on ground level = no siphon action.
raided up on 4" or 6" would make for easier draining.

zippered tent/cloth doors?

have you see the pictures of the grow-room setups in semi-trailers or those international shipping containers?
modular baby

Your Experience is like Water
I am like Rockwool

Last edited Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:33 pm | Scroll up

in Showing off Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:42 pm
by surfinc | 1.748 Posts | 6388 Points

a shop by me sells those trailers from bare bones to fully loaded...sold 6 last year ... I keep rubbernecking ..havent spotted it parked at work yet..Not sure who bought em..just saw em go...

<></p>
Scroll up

in Showing off Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:04 am

Quote: Flyinghigh wrote in post #2
Thank u shortbus. This is helpful as I am building a
16x20 x8 ht shed with a storage shelf on top. Like a tuff shed barn.
I will be asking questions when I am building my rooms..

and i will gladly answer. keep in mind this "lab" was not designed with any intentions to maximize output of the particular space. it's my version of a what a growers "man cave" would look like.

Quote: MR1 wrote in post #3
Nice Shortbus, which program did you use to make that?

google sketchup 8...it's free to download and use

Quote: Grower13 wrote in post #4
I wish I could have a grow room like that............ I'd retire at 50 and grow. grow, grow.

You going to control odor SB?

As tall as your plants could be I'd go with the 1000 watters.

yeah, odor control is on the list of things to add. i'll prolly put another 60 hrs into this before i call it complete.

Quote: Justa420Friend wrote in post #5
just two things hit me

-HPS light height adjustment

-buckets (in flower) on ground level = no siphon action.
raided up on 4" or 6" would make for easier draining.

zippered tent/cloth doors?

have you see the pictures of the grow-room setups in semi-trailers or those international shipping containers?
modular baby

i prefer my light's to remain in a fixed position, while raising and lowering my plant's as needed. by having the lights in a fixed position you can maximize air flow within the duct, and air cooled hoods, allowing you to use smaller fan's more efficiently.

i use smart pots with run-off tray's on all my grows. i prefer to water less, more often.

i build the veg and flower rooms with the intent of using exterior french door's. tent's would work as well, and in the long run end up most cost effective then constructing the rooms yourself. the advantage of constructing the rooms yourself, is they will be more air tight. which will allow you to seperate the atmostphere within the grow spaces from the general working area. i think this is especially effective when attempting to keep the flower rooms at 1500ppm of c02. while the general area remains relatively normal.

yeah i've seen the trailors. there's a few companies that do enclosed trailers that you see landscapers using, as well as trailers they use to transport motorcycles and cars in. some really cool stuff.

greenmojo

Last edited Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:06 am | Scroll up

in Showing off Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:18 am
by Justa420Friend | 633 Posts | 2284 Points

heck ya. Fixed, ridged tube flows way better than any bent-up flex tube
and you create siphon action win/win

a "scissor" action table with car-jack type mechanism

Your Experience is like Water
I am like Rockwool
Scroll up

in Showing off Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:38 am
by Rosebud | 499 Posts | 2113 Points

man cave???? i see me in there just fine...what a great space...fun stuff right there.

Scroll up

in Showing off Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:08 am
by Hushpuppy | 77 Posts | 323 Points

I would say a great "grower's lab" is the better title for this. I would change it so that the flower areas are 3x4 or 4x4 rather than 2x4. Then remove the sink/table center unit and replace it with a mobile work table that can double as a work bench and trimming table. I would shrink the cloner space down to a 2'wide space as they don't need much room. I would also move the drying rack to the storage closet at the end of the flower wall. Other than that, nice

Doctor Madbud
Scroll up

in Showing off Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:33 pm

Quote: Hushpuppy wrote in post #10
I would say a great "grower's lab" is the better title for this. I would change it so that the flower areas are 3x4 or 4x4 rather than 2x4. Then remove the sink/table center unit and replace it with a mobile work table that can double as a work bench and trimming table. I would shrink the cloner space down to a 2'wide space as they don't need much room. I would also move the drying rack to the storage closet at the end of the flower wall. Other than that, nice

the flower area's are 4x8 each. and i totally agree with the moving propagation rack. i saw a few of them on amazon. i would deff get one. the biggest reason for the island with the dual sinks, is because i was planning on putting in a sub critical/super critical c02 extraction chamber, as well as a high powered microscope, and Bunsen burner.

greenmojo

Scroll up

in Showing off Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:20 am
by Weedhopper | 1.210 Posts | 4031 Points

Way to high to think about it. Looks like alotta money to me. lol

We are a form of Energy and Energy never dies,,IT JUST CHANGES FORMS. Im gonna be Dirt,,your gonna be POO. LOL
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 4 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 226 (yesterday 262) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: