Majoun

in Cannabis Cooking Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:56 pm
by 7greeneyes | 469 Posts | 1830 Points

hMPp://www.loydster.com/majoun.html

majoun: A paste made from marijuana and honey originating in Morocco, ingested as a recreational drug

"It really puzzles me to see marijuana connected with narcotics dope and all of that stuff. It is a thousand times better than whiskey. It is an assistant and a friend." Louis Armstrong

"Music and herb go together. It's been a long time now I smoke herb. From 1960s, when I first start singing." Bob Marley

Majoun, which translates as "love potion" in Arabic, is a simple, yet true psychoactive electuary - a robust combination of ganga, fruits, nuts, spices, and honey. Majoun is a staple amongst both Morrocan and Rastafarian communities.

Total time:

Four plus hours.
Ingredients:

1/4 oz. tops cannabis sativa or indicus, crumbled,
stems and seeds removed.
1 cup chopped dates
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup ground walnuts
1 tsp. Ground nutmeg
1 tsp. anise seed
1 tsp. dried ginger
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup water (more if needed)
2 tbsp. melted butter or ghee

Directions:

In a dry skillet, toast the ganga over very low heat until it begins to release an aroma. Remember, it is always unhealthy to eat uncooked ganga.

Blend the dried fruit, walnuts, spices, honey and water into the skillet, and cook until the ingredients are soft. If the mixture becomes to dry or crumbly, add a little more water or milk to keep it consistent.

Remove the contents of the skillet to a bowl sturdy enough to mash the mixture until thoroughly blended. You can also use a food processor or blender, using short jolts to mix the ingredients well.

Finally, add the butter or ghee and blend it in well so all the ingredients are covered.

Let the majoun cool for two hours.

To store, place the majoun in a glass jar with an air-tight lid. The old canning jars work best - from Mason or Kerr.

Always keep the majoun refrigerated to avoid spoilage. You can serve this delicacy on oat or Wheat crackers, spoon it out, or use as a filling for mamoul (Lebanese date-filled cookies) . Personally, I think it works best on chocolate chip cookies, but to each his own.

Once refrigerated, the majoun is good for 2-3 months. Bon apetit!

BHC# 711

"When injustice becomes law, then resistance becomes duty."
Thomas Jefferson

“I am not the lifestyle police.”- (my new hero) Pitkin County, CO Sheriff Joe DiSalvo

Scroll up

RE: Majoun

in Cannabis Cooking Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:00 pm
by 7greeneyes | 469 Posts | 1830 Points

I think decarbing in an oven would work alot better then a skillet, imo.

BHC# 711

"When injustice becomes law, then resistance becomes duty."
Thomas Jefferson

“I am not the lifestyle police.”- (my new hero) Pitkin County, CO Sheriff Joe DiSalvo

Scroll up

in Cannabis Cooking Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:32 pm
by 4u2sm0ke • Marijuana is good | 2.333 Posts | 10572 Points

thanks for sharing 7green...I found the ingredients funny

Starts with some TOP cannabis...with stems and seeds removed........How can it be top if there are seeds?....just found that Humerus

Light travels faster then sound....... This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Scroll up

in Cannabis Cooking Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:50 pm
by umbra | 780 Posts | 4085 Points

hey 4u I think the tops refer to buds, colas... not the quality

Scroll up

in Cannabis Cooking Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:56 pm
by 4u2sm0ke • Marijuana is good | 2.333 Posts | 10572 Points

why just the tops than....why not say Buds....So cunfused...but thats not hard to do...

Light travels faster then sound....... This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Scroll up

in Cannabis Cooking Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:12 pm
by ozzydiodude • The Weird One | 2.474 Posts | 11542 Points

this is a arabic recipe and they mostly smoke just the top buds the rest is put in the hash pile.

Let's help each other, by spreading our knowledge of the plants we love

Cannabis grown with care grows into medicine somewhere!
Scroll up

in Cannabis Cooking Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:01 pm
by YYZ Skinhead | 12 Posts | 66 Points

I love Middle Eastern desserts, though I would omit the anise because it has that black licorice flavor.

Scroll up

in Cannabis Cooking Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:06 pm
by Vegs | 17 Posts | 92 Points

I seen this on a Anthoney Bourdain show . Looks great and sounds fairly simple. However, I too would decarboxylate the MJ first and slip toasting in a skillet to avoid high temps. I decarb at 250 for 20 mins but other recipes will vary.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 11 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 386 (yesterday 605) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: