dislike?

in Site problems Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:28 pm
by Kaotik | 64 Posts | 260 Points

curious, does dislike have any negative effect?
*i was gonna dislike ducks POTM then wondered if it did anything negative (like the old red rep )

Last edited Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:29 pm | Scroll up

RE: dislike?

in Site problems Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:32 pm
by Rosebud | 499 Posts | 2113 Points

Good question Kaotik...

To laugh often and love much; to win the respect of intelligent persons and the affection of children; to earn the approbation of honest citizens and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to give of one’s self; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exultation; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived—this is to have succeeded.”
Scroll up

in Site problems Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:31 pm
by 420benny | 189 Posts | 599 Points

I am going to dislike your post Kao as an experiment and see if the sky falls on me. lol

BennyLand Fine Seeds, colorful dank grown organically with love and laughter
RIP POPS...The Dirty Dozen Crew.

Scroll up

in Site problems Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:39 pm
by Cubby | 1.267 Posts | 4795 Points

well...let's see.....

MarP Class of 2007

BHC #6 7/8
Scroll up

in Site problems Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:38 pm
by 4u2sm0ke • Marijuana is good | 2.333 Posts | 10572 Points

none of those has an effect on your points...its just to show who likes you and who dont...

Light travels faster then sound....... This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Scroll up

in Site problems Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:39 pm

I tried to Dislike myself, But it wont let me

Light travels faster then sound....... This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Scroll up

in Site problems Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:34 pm
by ozzydiodude • The Weird One | 2.474 Posts | 11542 Points

Just like "Who's line is it?" the point are doubled but they dont matter

Let's help each other, by spreading our knowledge of the plants we love

Cannabis grown with care grows into medicine somewhere!
Scroll up

in Site problems Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:54 pm
by pcduck (deleted)

Quote: Kaotik wrote in post #1
curious, does dislike have any negative effect?
*i was gonna dislike ducks POTM then wondered if it did anything negative (like the old red rep )

@Kaotik .....You don't like my girl that has survived 2 mite attacks, been sitting under a UVA light or maybe it was a UVB light can't remember for 3 months, not fed or watered, been in 38* temps and is now sitting on the window sill when it is below zero outside.

you don't like me. lmao.
Like 4u mentioned, I would dislike myself, if it would let me.

Maybe we need a UGLY Pic of the Month.

Obtinuit vermis?

Site Rules
Scroll up

in Site problems Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:35 pm
by shortbus | 253 Posts | 1304 Points

i setup the points system so that the points reflect who is contributing to the forum the most. and i set the goals REALLY HIGH! if you want to see 5 pot leafs next to your name you currently need 10,000 points. 10 points for creating a thread, 3 point for posting in a thread, 3 points for uploading pictures to the gallery, and 1 point to comment on a pic in the gallery.

i haven't found how to do it yet, but in the future i want to limit people from getting points for the "fun stuff" like the coffee table threads and posts. i think the rating system should always reflect who contributes the most useful info. not the person who loves to play the most forum games.

EDIT: also i want to add that as the forum ages, i would like the re-calibrate the points system so that in a few years we just a have a forum full of 5star members. i think it will help to keep people wanting to contribute to the forum.

greenmojo

Last edited Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:39 pm | Scroll up

in Site problems Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:40 pm
by orangesunshine | 803 Posts | 3182 Points

Quote: 4u2sm0ke wrote in post #6
I tried to Dislike myself, But it wont let me

i got your back

Scroll up

in Site problems Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:14 am
by pcduck (deleted)

Quote: shortbus wrote in post #9
i setup the points system so that the points reflect who is contributing to the forum the most. and i set the goals REALLY HIGH! if you want to see 5 pot leafs next to your name you currently need 10,000 points. 10 points for creating a thread, 3 point for posting in a thread, 3 points for uploading pictures to the gallery, and 1 point to comment on a pic in the gallery.

i haven't found how to do it yet, but in the future i want to limit people from getting points for the "fun stuff" like the coffee table threads and posts. i think the rating system should always reflect who contributes the most useful info. not the person who loves to play the most forum games.

EDIT: also i want to add that as the forum ages, i would like the re-calibrate the points system so that in a few years we just a have a forum full of 5star members. i think it will help to keep people wanting to contribute to the forum.

So you get more points for asking a question, then you do for helping, by answering a question?

Obtinuit vermis?

Site Rules
Scroll up

in Site problems Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:34 am

I never "liked" the point systems..they are Hard to set up to be accurate..Ive allways liked the people to correct wrong info...Never went by the ratings myself

just my thoughts

Scroll up

in Site problems Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:14 am

ask and you shall receive?
lol thanks for the morning smile, you arseholes

*never even noticed the pot-leaf rep, nice touch :)

Scroll up

in Site problems Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:06 pm
by BudGrower | 547 Posts | 1925 Points

Quote: pcduck wrote in post #11

So you get more points for asking a question, then you do for helping, by answering a question?

very good point

Scroll up

in Site problems Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:26 pm

Zitat
3 points for uploading pictures to the gallery, and 1 point to comment on a pic in the gallery.

Hmmmm.....I jut uploaded a lot of pictures in Gallery..and made some remarks to other gallery pics....Why didnt my points change?

Scroll up

in Site problems Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:38 pm

i agree duck, i'm hoping in the future xobor will release some updated features that will allow the admins to have better control over how the points are distributed.

for instance, in a perfect setting i would be allowed to allocate points according to each category(coffee table, grow journals, basic growing, etc), and to each forum(lighting, hydroponics, germination, etc)

that way i could allocate 0 points to posts and threads in "sports talk", "coffee table", or "games".
but in "grow journals" 10pts for starting a journal, and 1pt for posting in someones journal
or "plant hospital" 1 point for making a help thread, 1 pt for posting in a solution in a help thread, BUT an additional 10pts awarded to the person who's post helps the most, and therefore get's "liked" the most.

greenmojo

Last edited Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:39 pm | Scroll up

in Site problems Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:44 am
by pcduck (deleted)

Zitat
BUT an additional 10pts awarded to the person who's post helps the most, and therefore get's "liked" the most.

This would be impossible as the "Liked" count could/will always be changing.

Obtinuit vermis?

Site Rules

Last edited Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:08 pm | Scroll up

in Site problems Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:31 am
by Cubby | 1.267 Posts | 4795 Points

The whole "points" thing should just be dropped, IMO.

What's the point? Do I win an award at the end of the year? Will I get into the stoners Hall of Fame? If you have 1 point, and I have 10 points, does that mean I'm 10x's the grower you are, or just sit on this forum hovering over a keyboard?

I was on a BBQ forum, and they had a game called "Last Post Wins". I asked "what do you win?". And was told "you don't win anything". So I asked "Shouldn't it be called "Last post doesn't win anything?"..................They asked me to leave.

This whole points thing is juvenile. JMO.

MarP Class of 2007

BHC #6 7/8
Scroll up

in Site problems Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:38 am

i'm in agreement with cubby.
at the same time it does no harm.. but just not worth the time effort to mess around with IMO
just wanted to make sure dislike didn't get anyone stamped red or anything

Scroll up

in Site problems Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:01 pm
by Rosebud | 499 Posts | 2113 Points

I really have no opinion about the points. The only time I felt they were helpful was at MP for newbies that could find out who to take advice from based on their ratings. But here they don't really mean anything I guess. So i am good with whatever you decide.

To laugh often and love much; to win the respect of intelligent persons and the affection of children; to earn the approbation of honest citizens and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to give of one’s self; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exultation; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived—this is to have succeeded.”
Scroll up

in Site problems Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:23 pm

It seems like a lot more work for shortbus to do...He has done a lot all ready...as for MP...it was the same thing...you cant decide to take addvice from someone with a lot of points....Hell I probably had more than most and Im not all that great...same with others that had post counts up but didnt grow a plant....is also why I didnt like the MVP there..more a popularity thang than anything...

Scroll up

in Site problems Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:14 pm

don't worry i wasn't planning on actually trying to create some kind of elaborate points system. this was just a hypothetical situation i brought up where points could be made not so arbitrary. and naturally pcduck was enjoying shooting holes in my theory while i would respond with duct tape. just wishful thinking is all

greenmojo
Scroll up

in Site problems Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:17 pm

Duck tape

Scroll up

in Site problems Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:57 pm

haha 4u, wish i thought of that one

greenmojo
Scroll up

in Site problems Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:31 pm
by ozzydiodude • The Weird One | 2.474 Posts | 11542 Points

Duck tape justuck] me up

on the point I alway thought at MP they were messed up because I went from a newbie to the 3rd in point in a yr or so. I think most my points came from the BHC and the copy and paste threads I had made. I know there are a lot of threads that are stickies with my name on them that I did not write. Til I wrote the Hillbilly Guide I had never posted anything worth sticking it was all other ppl work that I got points for.. Look at my points here it's all set up threads I copied and posted to here.

Let's help each other, by spreading our knowledge of the plants we love

Cannabis grown with care grows into medicine somewhere!
Scroll up