Interesting take on Rick Simpson and his claims

in Medical Marijuana Information Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:53 am
by Hamster Lewis | 37 Posts | 183 Points

Came across this....

freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/2011/11/25/a-little-dose-of-hemp-will-cure-everything/

Scroll up

RE: Interesting take on Rick Simpson and his claims

in Medical Marijuana Information Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:31 am
by The Hemp Goddess | 281 Posts | 1083 Points

Not sure I would call it an interesting take on RSO--I believe that it is a very common opinion out there. While I believe that Rick Simpson's claims are a little out there, I believe that most of us that use cannabis to combat medical problems believe that we are just seeing the tip of the iceberg. We do know that it does do a lot for strikingly different diseases and ailments....and it doesn't poison you in the meantime. We truly just need more controlled studies done by medical professionals and scientists with open minds. It may not be a cure-all, but I do believe that we are going to find that cannabis has more healing properties than any other substance we have on this earth and with none of the life-threatening side effects that most pharmaceuticals have.

Now on to the author of this article.....Bloggers. Who are these people anyway? While this guy may have a point with some of his comments, he is still just some guy expressing his opinion. His writing style full of sarcasm also did nothing to enhance his opinion in my eyes. He attacks the unprofessional way that the video is made with childish little barbs proper for a high school lit class on that type of writing. He presents no facts to back up his assertions. He just seems like a snarky person that thinks his opinion matters.....does he even have any experience with cannabis or RSO? He appears to dismiss it entirely after watching one video, calling Rick Simpson a quack and dangerous.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History--Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Scroll up

in Medical Marijuana Information Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:47 am
by Hamster Lewis | 37 Posts | 183 Points

I guess interesting is a poor word choice. Yeah it is a blog so it holds no weight, I believe Cannabis can help manage symptoms and even "cure" some things. I also think that the people who make outrageous claims about it's healing properties do it a disservice just like those that dismiss it completely and think it's just for stoners, Oh and yes the person who wrote it is a snarky butthole. :)

edited for profanity

Last edited Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:58 pm | Scroll up

in Medical Marijuana Information Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:22 pm
by The Hemp Goddess | 281 Posts | 1083 Points

Thanks for the article. Unfortunately it is an all too common opinion. At least we seem to be heading in the right direction. I have to say though, I thought that a change in the attitude toward cannabis would have come about 40 years earlier.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History--Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Scroll up

in Medical Marijuana Information Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:32 pm
by Kaotik | 64 Posts | 260 Points

it's good to skeptic.. but there is actually scientific data starting to come out about marijuana's positive effects.
so the line that it's all just originating from stoners is BS.

i think there's merit to it myself. and i agree with THG, we're only seeing the tip of the iceberg.
i like what bodhi said the other day (a quote i'll be using for a while i'm sure ) ; "it's like we have just been snorkeling in the ocean of cannabis potentiality.. now here comes the scuba gear and submarines"

Scroll up

in Medical Marijuana Information Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:41 pm
by Rosebud | 499 Posts | 2113 Points

I gave a friend RSO for his diagnosed basil cell skin cancer. He knew it would be removed in January so in November he stated putting it on the sore... The RSO didn't work. He had this skin cancer, very slow growing for maybe 10 years... I think that is why it didn't help... So RSO didn't cure that.
However Hammy, It did lower a friend of mines Cancer marker numbers by 2, before she started chemo. In one week of a tiny dose of RSO.

The most important thing i can attest to is it made my A1C which is a diabetes test normal for the first time in years. That is with 3 months of rso... no other meds. I am one of those that think big pharma doesn't want to know about it...no money from a plant that you can grow in your back yard...

That is what i know Hammy.

To laugh often and love much; to win the respect of intelligent persons and the affection of children; to earn the approbation of honest citizens and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to give of one’s self; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exultation; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived—this is to have succeeded.”
Scroll up

in Medical Marijuana Information Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:22 pm
by Weedhopper | 1.210 Posts | 4031 Points

Quote: Hamster Lewis wrote in post #3
I guess interesting is a poor word choice. Yeah it is a blog so it holds no weight, I believe Cannabis can help manage symptoms and even "cure" some things. I also think that the people who make outrageous claims about it's healing properties do it a disservice just like those that dismiss it completely and think it's just for stoners, Oh and yes the person who wrote it is a snarky butthole. :)

Last edited Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:59 pm | Scroll up

in Medical Marijuana Information Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:04 pm
by Rosebud | 499 Posts | 2113 Points

I think until it is tried by a person you really can't comment. I thought the same thing this guy did at first before using it.

To laugh often and love much; to win the respect of intelligent persons and the affection of children; to earn the approbation of honest citizens and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to give of one’s self; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exultation; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived—this is to have succeeded.”
Scroll up

in Medical Marijuana Information Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:02 pm
by JackRyan420 | 288 Posts | 1272 Points

I don't know what to make of it...but my wife's family is interested in giving it a try.

Last edited Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:10 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 5 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 227 (yesterday 314) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: