Ph meter

in Supplies Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:02 pm
by Monoxide | 649 Posts | 2595 Points

Well its only been a couple months and my ph meter is all out of wack. I have calibrated it. I've ph'd my water so many times, I know about how much down to use to get it right at where I need. It should have been around 5.3-5.5 and when I put my meter in it said 6.4 then it went down to 4.4 then back up to the 6's.

I know I bought the little yellow charlie cheepo, but the reviews on it were pretty good 'for the price'

Can someone reccommend a good meter? I honestly don't want to pay over $100. I'd like to stay around half that. "if possible"

Whoop Whoop! MCL!!
Scroll up

RE: Ph meter

in Supplies Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:08 pm
by Hamster Lewis | 37 Posts | 183 Points

Take a look around at Eseasongear.com. eseasongear.com/phtesting.html I have bought a couple meters from there. Been using the same ph meter for a couple years now. I bought the kind that you can just buy a new probe for it when the old one stops working. I usually buy a new probe once a year.

Last edited Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:09 pm | Scroll up

in Supplies Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:01 pm
by MR1 | 703 Posts | 2417 Points

The one on the left is no good , the one on the right i have had for almost 5 years and it still works great. It is around $50. lots of choices , this is just one. Here is the link to Amazon.http://www.amazon.com/HM-Digital-pH-Temperature-Meter/dp/B0096N8OWI

Scroll up

in Supplies Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:35 pm
by Bwanabud | 15 Posts | 58 Points

I'm about to buy a new PH meter also...I have the one on the left ^^^, but it's worked fine for me. I need one that measures PPM also, some of the units are very high priced...not sure which one.

Scroll up

in Supplies Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:42 pm
by surfinc | 1.748 Posts | 6388 Points

the cheap ones yellow ph and blue ppm have worked for me for long time .never saw the reason for the spendy double ones they still go out and need calibrating. If you havent kept wet then wont recalibrate just like cheapos
just my two cents

<></p>
Scroll up

in Supplies Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:52 pm
by Monoxide | 649 Posts | 2595 Points

i bought the one on the right. its really nice. the blue ppm meters works good so far

Whoop Whoop! MCL!!
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 7 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 521 (yesterday 605) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: