Q & A section????

in Plant probems Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:26 pm
by orangesunshine | 803 Posts | 3182 Points

wasn't sure where to raise this question for the panel

might be appropriate to have a bit of a hodge podge quick answer/poll type of category to the MC forum

so here's the dealio---and directed to those that clone

after sprouting and sexing i got 14 girls---im attempting to select the single pheno to clone---in the past i have experienced the more difficult a cut is to get legs---the better quality the herb it produces---i do not know if this is a reality or a conclusion based on it getting more attention and care---so that's the question---has anyone else found that the more difficult the clone to root---the better the cut???

more specifically---out of the 14 girls each have 2 clones---7 that displayed more appealing characteristics had a 3rd cut taken cause the aerocloner has 35 sites

what characteristics would u be looking to keep from the larry og clones i took from 14 girls????

test and where does this show up
Scroll up

RE: Q & A section????

in Plant probems Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:36 pm
by 4u2sm0ke • Marijuana is good | 2.333 Posts | 10572 Points

personal preference I think....and a Q/A. Pannel would be greta..it would also be hard to navigate..just my thoughts

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
Scroll up

in Plant probems Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:51 pm
by Weedhopper | 1.210 Posts | 4031 Points

Yep. Its all in what you like and what you see. Me,,I like bushy,,strong stemmed Girls with good color. But its hard for me sometimes cause they are all my babies. He he

Scroll up

in Plant probems Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:43 pm

what about the 1st question

have u ever noticed that the longer a cut takes to root---the better the pheno????

test and where does this show up
Scroll up

in Plant probems Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:28 pm
by 4u2sm0ke • Marijuana is good | 2.333 Posts | 10572 Points

No...but the second generation is better than the first....My thinking is if it takes longer to root..it isnt very vigorous and grows slow...Just my 02

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
Scroll up

in Plant probems Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:45 pm

Quote: 4u2sm0ke wrote in post #5
No...but the second generation is better than the first....My thinking is if it takes longer to root..it isnt very vigorous and grows slow...Just my 02

thats exactly what i have always assumed---but have seen just the opposite---1st i thought it was just a fluke----then i thought it was cause it was slow i baby it more---fed it extra myco---best seat in the house etc.....----but then im thinking that a couple growing compadres have had issues cloning primo strains and other easy fast rooted clones turn out to be a bust

IDK---just trying to make some sense of it all in hope to find someone else with the same experience

bottom line is i hate culling plants and want to keep all the phenos i guess

Scroll up

in Plant probems Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:27 am
by ozzydiodude • The Weird One | 2.474 Posts | 11542 Points

The whole forum is for Q&A section

Let's help each other, by spreading our knowledge of the plants we love

Cannabis grown with care grows into medicine somewhere!
Scroll up

in Plant probems Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:09 am
by Kaotik | 64 Posts | 260 Points

i also think there's nothing to the slow clone = better plant.
i do recommend to clone and keep everything till you try it.. you'll be kicking yourself sometime if not i guarantee
that said, you kinda ended up with an army though eh.. dunno how the much room you got; might be a blessing if a few don't take

Last edited Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:10 am | Scroll up

in Plant probems Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:19 am

Quote: Kaotik wrote in post #8
i also think there's nothing to the slow clone = better plant.
i do recommend to clone and keep everything till you try it.. you'll be kicking yourself sometime if not i guarantee
that said, you kinda ended up with an army though eh.. dunno how the much room you got; might be a blessing if a few don't take

wish i had that luxury Kao---been there dun that---35 clones taken from 14 f2's---the 14 f2's are now in their 2nd week of flower and are beginning to show me some different characteristics---they were all cut way back and revegged pretty hard after sexing---all the clones will eventually root in the aerocloner---seems they be sprouting legs 10 at a time---1st 10 were transplanted yesterday---got another 10 to transplant on friday and the rest likely on monday

what do u look for in a keeper pheno

Scroll up

in Plant probems Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:26 am
by BudGrower | 547 Posts | 1925 Points

slower cut = more attention u give = better plant thts my thought

Scroll up

in Plant probems Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:27 am
by BudGrower | 547 Posts | 1925 Points

every thing give u hard time u enjoy the result more

Scroll up

in Plant probems Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:59 am
by The Hemp Goddess | 281 Posts | 1083 Points

Quote: BudGrower wrote in post #10

I'm with BudGrower. I personally have found that usually the one(s) that are slower to root and get going kind of lag behind their entire lives. I do not do anything special with those that are slower though (not sure I know what to do to "help"), so I think the extra care you give them probably makes the difference. I am curious, however, what kind of special care you give them.....maybe you should be doing that with the best of your plants.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History--Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Scroll up

in Plant probems Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:12 am
by Cubby | 1.267 Posts | 4795 Points

I've never noticed a connection between slower/better.

As to what do I look for in a keeper...................First just overall health. Then look at traits that makes a particular clone stand out from the others. If it's a crappy trait, it gets tossed. If it's a desirable trait, it gets set aside.

After I've culled the unwanted, I go back to those I had set aside and choose what looks best to me. What's left of this group of clones will usually be given to friends, because I too hate to toss a healthy viable plant (there's no way to tell what they might be).

This may not be the "professional" method, but it works for me....................and I never claimed to be a professional

MarP Class of 2007

BHC #6 7/8
Scroll up

in Plant probems Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:54 am

Quote: The Hemp Goddess wrote in post #12
Quote: BudGrower wrote in post #10

I'm with BudGrower. I personally have found that usually the one(s) that are slower to root and get going kind of lag behind their entire lives. I do not do anything special with those that are slower though (not sure I know what to do to "help"), so I think the extra care you give them probably makes the difference. I am curious, however, what kind of special care you give them.....maybe you should be doing that with the best of your plants.

thanx ur point well taken as those stragglers in growing legs are more likely to become the runts of the litter---special care is the extra dose of water from the bottom of the rezzy where sometimes some concentrate sediment might settle----seating directly under the light instead of the fringe---placed in line for the 1st hit of fresh air coming in the room---unobstructed lighting---trimmed lowers---whatever may be happening in the room at a particular time---the runts of the litter tend to get that extra special care and attention

after all is said and done---to heck with it---i cant bare to do any culling right now (cubby)---too many uncertainties of uncharted waters---i'll keep them all thru veg noting how they veg and wait till i see how their moms mature before any clone culling occurs---so instead keeping and culling based solely on characteristics i see in the cuts---ill keep them based on how what i like in their moms maturity in flower

thanks to everyone for walking me thru this selection process---we are sure to have a consistently dank pheno for perpetual clones in another 7 weeks

what are the odds no culling ever gets done and they all end up outside for an early jump on spring lmao

Last edited Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:57 am | Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 12 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 303 (yesterday 460) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: