yellow leaves

in Plant probems Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:01 pm
by chevey | 41 Posts | 301 Points

Does this look like nutrient deficiency?Here is what l have done so far,sprayed kelp on leaves,fish emulsion,put some more dolmite in soil.Did not use m.g. as a spray really nervous about using it!

Scroll up

RE: yellow leaves

in Plant probems Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:04 pm
by umbra | 780 Posts | 4085 Points

definitely nute deficiency, however have you checked ph? need to start somewhere, and that's as good as any

Scroll up

in Plant probems Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:13 pm

My ph is 6.5,what about cal? Thanks

Scroll up

in Plant probems Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:19 pm
by ozzydiodude • The Weird One | 2.474 Posts | 11542 Points

What type of nutes have you been using?

Let's help each other, by spreading our knowledge of the plants we love

Cannabis grown with care grows into medicine somewhere!
Scroll up

in Plant probems Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:36 pm

Been using sensi star A,B For dessert big bud, 2.5 m.l. sometimes a little more.Thanks

Scroll up

in Plant probems Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:53 pm
by surfinc | 1.748 Posts | 6388 Points

looks deficient to me

<></p>
Scroll up

in Plant probems Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:19 am
by Multifarious (deleted)

Without more, detailed, information everyone is shooting in the dark.
There is no mention if this is effecting the whole of the plant, or only upper or lower leafs.
With you using big bud I assume you're in flower but at what stage (how far in) we're uncertain.
When you say your pH is 6.5 is that what you adjust to or is that the runoff ?

I very often have lower leafs looking just like yours, I normally attribute this due to the dense upper canopy.

I've also seen yellowing just like yours when plants have become rootbound.

A clear picture of the plant as a whole, with a detailed account of when you first became concerned, pot size, watering/feeding regime etc etc

Scroll up

in Plant probems Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:53 am

Pic of plant is in gallery,6.5 is what l put in,in 5gallon pots 2 liters when pot is light to pick up of water, the next time they are light to pick up l give the nutrients.They are under 2 600 wat lights .As seen by pic.the yellow that is there working it self around the plant.l have looked at the leaf deficiency little one leaf that looked close to mine says nitrogen which l had been giving it food for as stated earlier.They are starting 4th week.When she was smaller l filmed her about 3 times on every 3rd node,lst a little maybe it's pay back???If she is outbound l will use 10 gallen pots next time.l would have moved that pic from gallery to hear just have not figured it out yet!So please do have a look,it will not bite.With them words l would have to say nothing more!

Scroll up

in Plant probems Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:08 am

She's hungry

Scroll up

in Plant probems Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:18 am

This is an old picture from your previous thread about Yellowing
Do you have a current picture ? As it would show us how the yellowing is spreading

[widget=3178]

Scroll up

in Plant probems Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:19 am

What's the runoff pH ?

Scroll up

in Plant probems Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:43 am
by MR1 | 703 Posts | 2417 Points

2 litres of water does not seem like enough water to completely soak a 5 gallon pot. I use 4 litres in my 3 gallon pots so I get runoff every wattering.

Scroll up

in Plant probems Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:11 am
by ozzydiodude • The Weird One | 2.474 Posts | 11542 Points

Under fed, under water. Water thoroughly to dampen soil then up nute feed strength

Let's help each other, by spreading our knowledge of the plants we love

Cannabis grown with care grows into medicine somewhere!
Scroll up

in Plant probems Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:27 pm

Here is a updated pic!

Scroll up

in Plant probems Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:37 pm
by umbra | 780 Posts | 4085 Points

honestly, as far into flower as you are...pull the yellow leaves...more root bound than anything else. Next time use a pot 3x larger

Scroll up

in Plant probems Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:17 am

Is it possible to transfer the plant now into a bigger one without messing it up?

Scroll up

in Plant probems Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:59 am

I guess that l will answer my own question!1st it's my understanding that if you are quick you can do it without sendi.g plant into to much of a nose dive Sec.it's also my understanding that after 3 weeks into flower the roots stop @ starts into the bud!So there you go! That was not to hard Umbra now was it!Ricky

Scroll up

in Plant probems Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:12 am
by Cubby | 1.267 Posts | 4795 Points

Gorick, I've never transplanted a plant in flower, but I guess it can be done. If you're gonna do it, transplant the rootball as a ball. Don't pull it apart or be rough in any way with the roots, they'll spread out themselves once they have the room. And don't forget to give the plant a nice deep watering to minimize transplant shock.

I don't know where you got the idea that roots stop growing 3 weeks into flower, it's not true. If a plant is alive, and it has room to spread, it's roots are still growing.

If pot size is restricted due to area available you should look into smart pots. Smart pots air prune roots so root bound plants are less problem.

Additionally, you can get great results in small pots. Hamster Lewis grows in 1 gallon pots, and produces some excellent plants.

TAke care and good luck............

MarP Class of 2007

BHC #6 7/8

Last edited Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:15 am | Scroll up

in Plant probems Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:24 am
by pcduck (deleted)

@Cubby ...I am not to sure about that root thing. I did a grow in a glass cylinder, over at Mp,that slid into a cardboard sleeve to keep the roots dark. I did not notice much increase in root growth after a couple of weeks into 12/12. What I did see was the tips get all puffed out and fuzzy looking and super white.

Obtinuit vermis?
Scroll up

in Plant probems Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:08 pm
by Sunakard2000 | 59 Posts | 244 Points

granted the roots never truely STOP growing however they do slow down quite alot, as the roots spread out the plant gets larger, but then in flower the plant isnt really growing anymore in a vegatative way, aka getting larger and fuller yet not flowering, when its attempting to get as large as it can before the light schedule changes the roots will seek out more room, but when in flower especially after the 2 week stretch the roots and plant arnt really growing in the same way sure it is growing but not for size its trying to reproduce now, so its roots arnt searching as much and instead bulking up (those fuzzy white root strands comming off the roots) so it can absorb as much as it can from the area it occupies, if it kept searching as it did in veg it would use more of its energy for rooting rather then flowering, and as we have all seen that is not the case. so granted the roots are still growing but not in the same way, no more stretching out looking for more room, instead it settles in for the home stretch and really hunkers down, fuzzing up those roots and concentrating mainly on trying to reproduce.

also i agree that it could be a combo of being root bound and nute def but then again it is 4 weeks+ in flower and it looks pretty typical, up the feeding slightly like ozzy said and all should be good, as long as it isnt the sugar leaves and bud its self yellowing like mad your golden...especially since the yellowing seems to be below the main canopy, if the plant knows that leaf is not being used to its full compasity it gets rid of the useless leaf. as long as it isnt spreading again your golden. she may simply just be a heavy feeder.

As always be safe and much green mojo to you my friend!

Last Grow ~ Budda Purple Kush Autos
Current Grow ~ Sunakard Indoor Perpetual Grow multiple strains ~
~Sleetstack X Skunk, Northern Lights x Northern Lights, Lemon Twist, Lemon OG Kush~

~~~~~~~~~ BHC Member #810 ~~~~~~~~~
Scroll up

in Plant probems Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:08 pm

I'm aware that the root system of a plant goes through changes over the life cycle, but root growth doesn't stop. From tap, to anchor, to feeder hair, their all phases of root system, the growth/developement dosen't stop, it just changes.

Which is why I suggested the smart pots, because they air prune anchor roots to encourage feeder roots/hairs.

I didn't intend to leave the impression that the plant vigourously sends out anchor roots for the entire life cycle.

MarP Class of 2007

BHC #6 7/8
Scroll up

in Plant probems Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:19 pm

You know what cubby! I knew there was a problem,so if l me being a pain helps me to get to root of problem so be it!!But what the problem is Drumroll???The medium is cocca pro mix,l added the dolmite lime to it,not supposed too,plus with it being cocoa it holds the water longer.conclusion 1 tablespoon of Epson salts to a gallon of h2 o. That's that! Thanks for looking in!

Scroll up

in Plant probems Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:48 pm

Gorick, you're not being a pain at all. We're all here to learn from each other and pass along our own knowledge/experiences.

I'm not very familiar with cocoa, hydro and out doors my thing, but thee are a few peeps who have experience in your medium and I'm sure they'd be happy to help.

MarP Class of 2007

BHC #6 7/8
Scroll up

in Plant probems Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:22 am
by Hushpuppy | 77 Posts | 323 Points

One problem that I see here is that you are working this grow as both organic and synthetic, and you are in soilless medium. If you grow organic with fish emulsion, sea kelp and such then you are employing organics and need to have a healthy microbe herd to break it down for the plants. Your pH should be around 6.5-6.7 going in and the microbes will take it from there. But being in soilless medium with synthetic nutrients, your pH should be around 6.0 which isn't good for microbes.

I may be wrong here but it seems that you are coming down in-between the 2 and that is only maintaining your plant for mild veg growth. When it goes into flowering, the first few weeks it is doing both veg and flower and its nutrient demands shoot way up. If your methods aren't maintaining it the way it needs then it will start robbing what it needs from the lower parts of the plant. Also, having 2 different methods going on in the same soil can cause the pH to constantly be out of whack because of all the different materials and little or no microbes to correct it.

Doctor Madbud
Scroll up

in Plant probems Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:26 am
by MR1 | 703 Posts | 2417 Points

Hushpuppy, don't synthetic nutes kill the microbes in the soil? I thought I read that somewhere.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

guest counter
Today were 206 (yesterday 406) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: