Coconut Oil + A.B.V. (already been vaped)

in Cannabis Cooking Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:16 pm
by WeatherMan | 77 Posts | 146 Points

Hello everyone,

calling all vaporizer fans !

Does anyone else here extract every last bit of goodness from their ABV using heat + coconut oil?

So easy and works so well.

Here is all I do:

* I simply soak my abv with just enough coconut oil to fully saturate the herbs, doing so in a small glass dish

* That small glass dish goes directly onto an electric coffee warmer, which is just a small electric burner really.....covered tightly with aluminum foil.
-----the temp of the coconut oil mixture maxes out at about 190 degrees using this small coffee warmer

* I let this heat for 12-18 hours.

* Next step is to strain the mixture through either Cheese Cloth, or a coffee filter. I prefer the cheese cloth as its stronger.
Cover a clean mason jar with cheese cloth and a rubber band, then let your mixture pour through.
Remove the rubber band, and twist the herb tightly to extract all the oil.

That is all that is needed, after this you just refrigerate the coconut oil to make it a solid for easier handling.

I either break off a chunk and eat it, or put a chunk in my morning coffee.

Depending upon the strength of your ABV, and how far you take your herbs when vaporizing, the end product can be VERY strong and a little over the top for light weights.

Coconut oil is very good for our health, and an EXCELLENT oil for cannabinoids to bond with!

cheers all

Thomas Jefferson retirement papers:
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."
Scroll up

RE: Coconut Oil + A.B.V. (already been vaped)

in Cannabis Cooking Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:18 pm
by Weedhopper | 1.210 Posts | 4031 Points

I tried extracting leftovers and didnt like it worth a crap. Course I dont leave much to extract when i vape. LOL

Scroll up

in Cannabis Cooking Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:20 am
by Rosebud | 499 Posts | 2113 Points

That is a very interesting idea. I have been bull headed about there being anything left in the "crumbs". My girlfriend makes cookies with it, smokes it, lines a joint with the leftovers. I like the joint like that. The oil sounds like a great idea and easy too. Thanks WM.

Scroll up

in Cannabis Cooking Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:55 pm

You are very welcome :)

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."
Scroll up

in Cannabis Cooking Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:03 pm

Quote: Weedhopper wrote in post #2
I tried extracting leftovers and didnt like it worth a crap. Course I dont leave much to extract when i vape. LOL

hahah, I hear you there....

I used to take my herbs all the way to a toasty brown, but have since then started vaporizing only until I notice a major taste difference,.... that's where I dump out and refill.

Vaporizing like this, as in not toking on it until its toasted and brown, does 3 things:
1. Gets me good and stoney
2. Decarboxilates the herb for later ingesting
3. Leaves enough of the 'good stuff' to be extracted at a later date

ah just typing this is making me anxious for my morning coconut coffee ~,~

Scroll up

in Cannabis Cooking Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:15 am
by smokingranpa | 28 Posts | 108 Points

Good idea, i always save my vape refuse to add to oil but will try the coconut, sounds tasty

Scroll up

in Cannabis Cooking Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:28 am
by Weedhopper | 1.210 Posts | 4031 Points

Interesting read,,maybe Ill have to try making some butter or something,,,or maybe Ill make oil with grain alcohol.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 187 (yesterday 222) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: