The Daily Rant

in Just saying Hi Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:42 pm
by umbra | 780 Posts | 4085 Points

So it starts off with getting a beer the other day. Local watering hole still has some Octoberfest on tap and I'm enjoying it. Next beer is completely different. So I say something about it not being the same beer. Response, was...its only beer what difference does it make. OMG I set her down and explain how beer saved the world. How man has been on this planet about 100,000 years, the first 90,000 years or so as a hunter/gatherer. The last 10,000 man stopped migrating to grow grain. Barley to be exact. At first, it was thought that it was to make bread, however ancient pottery shows it was to brew beer. Don't even get me started...
So I started talking to someone about the superbowl. How it might snow. They say, how could anyone know that? So I explain the basic concepts of Rayleigh scatter and Mie theory and the use of lasers into the atomosphere...might as well as tried to explain Quantum mechanics to a caveman.
Lots of talk about global warming... cold as heck. So if you seed inject the clouds with metal particles and then irradiate it with microwaves, what do you think is gonna happen?

Scroll up

RE: The Daily Rant

in Just saying Hi Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:23 pm
by Weedhopper | 1.210 Posts | 4031 Points

huh?????

Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:44 pm
by 7greeneyes | 469 Posts | 1830 Points

AWW like how they use to "seed" clouds....

a conspiracy nut friend of mine says the gov't has one of those "weather" manipulation devices up in Alaska....don't know if I lay much creedence behind that tho....

BHC# 711

"When injustice becomes law, then resistance becomes duty."
Thomas Jefferson

“I am not the lifestyle police.”- (my new hero) Pitkin County, CO Sheriff Joe DiSalvo

Last edited Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:45 pm | Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:11 pm
by Monoxide | 649 Posts | 2595 Points

Quote: umbra wrote in post #1
So it starts off with getting a beer the other day. Local watering hole still has some Octoberfest on tap and I'm enjoying it. Next beer is completely different. So I say something about it not being the same beer. Response, was...its only beer what difference does it make. OMG I set her down and explain how beer saved the world. How man has been on this planet about 100,000 years, the first 90,000 years or so as a hunter/gatherer. The last 10,000 man stopped migrating to grow grain. Barley to be exact. At first, it was thought that it was to make bread, however ancient pottery shows it was to brew beer. Don't even get me started...
So I started talking to someone about the superbowl. How it might snow. They say, how could anyone know that? So I explain the basic concepts of Rayleigh scatter and Mie theory and the use of lasers into the atomosphere...might as well as tried to explain Quantum mechanics to a caveman.
Lots of talk about global warming... cold as heck. So if you seed inject the clouds with metal particles and then irradiate it with microwaves, what do you think is gonna happen?

pass me some of that !!

Say what you will of me, I'll always have Juggalo Family!! MCL!!
Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:34 pm
Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:09 am
by zipflip | 57 Posts | 259 Points

finally someone who speaks my language LOL I feel ya , UMbra.
quantum mechanics to a caveman... HAHA. I was jus tryin to have a discussion bout quantum theory wit a buddy of mine orther day when smoking and due looked at me like I was form another planet LOL mainly I spoke of the whoel quantum mech and consciousness and how reality is an illusion of our conscious is all. I think I scared him LOL

Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:59 am
by The Hemp Goddess | 281 Posts | 1083 Points

It is hard to even talk basic physics and chemistry with a lot of people. LOL--trying to explain heat exchange to a customer was like talking to a brick wall. While I still have some trouble wrapping my mind around quantum theory, I understand the "basics". I can understand some people not understanding quantum physics, but man, to not understand how important BEER is............well man, I just don't know what to say about that.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History--Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:05 pm
by 4u2sm0ke • Marijuana is good | 2.333 Posts | 10572 Points

Beer........

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:35 pm
by mr rogers | 28 Posts | 50 Points

bet you don't have many friends do you?

I live for the applause plause.
Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:51 pm
by surfinc | 1.748 Posts | 6388 Points

dude cant understand how beer saved the world....not sure basic math is gonna be in his repertoire....
but..
Dad didnt say everyone was as heck he just said some people were...i think he was mistaken that only some people understand and the rest....well you know how it goes...

edited for profanity

<p></p>

Last edited Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:07 am | Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:45 am

Quote: 7greeneyes wrote in post #3
AWW like how they use to "seed" clouds....

a conspiracy nut friend of mine says the gov't has one of those "weather" manipulation devices up in Alaska....don't know if I lay much creedence behind that tho....

NOAA has an observatory just outside of Fairbanks. They funded the research into weather predicting software using lasers back in the 80's. The metal particles being injected into the clouds is HARP project, It is officially research into weather control for drought regions throughout the world, but is really about using the weather as a weapon.

Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:47 am

Quote: mr rogers wrote in post #9
bet you don't have many friends do you?

only the ones that count

Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:27 am
by ArtVandolay | 44 Posts | 257 Points

Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling.

[quote=aplaisia]...As for Art and NV... I figured we would have comments such as this.
It is so unfortunate. [/quote]

Hear me now and believe me later!

[quote=old money]Art you have 2868 posts, most stupid words that be long else where. Get a girl friend or a boy. You sure waste time and words. Now I see you are righting untruths. What a shame for the people who really don't know. About male female plants... Wow 2868 post what a waste. [/quote]
Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:29 am
by Rosebud | 499 Posts | 2113 Points

Oh Art, thanks for the morning laugh. love it.

To laugh often and love much; to win the respect of intelligent persons and the affection of children; to earn the approbation of honest citizens and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to give of one’s self; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exultation; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived—this is to have succeeded.”
Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:17 am

Quote: The Hemp Goddess wrote in post #7
It is hard to even talk basic physics and chemistry with a lot of people. LOL--trying to explain heat exchange to a customer was like talking to a brick wall. While I still have some trouble wrapping my mind around quantum theory, I understand the "basics". I can understand some people not understanding quantum physics, but man, to not understand how important BEER is............well man, I just don't know what to say about that.

Try explaining heat exchangers as a part of the 2nd law of thermodynamics...entropy. I have a tendency to expand my conversations into philosophical extrapolations about the physical world.

Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:22 am

Im gonna Rant for my buddie 4U this morning.
His Broncos got thier butts kicked and im sure he is very sad and very ticked. Hang in there Bro,,wont matter anymore,, starting in August.

Last edited Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:15 pm | Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:50 am
by orangesunshine | 803 Posts | 3182 Points

Quote: Weedhopper wrote in post #16
His Broncos got thier butts kicked and im sure he is very sad and very ticked. Hang in there Bro,,wont matter anymore,, starting in August.

really---how bad do ya really feel wh----lmfao---cry me a river---maybe u feel bad enuff to send me that 20 spot ur friend lost to me on the game

Last edited Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:16 pm | Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:01 am
by brimck325 | 55 Posts | 237 Points

friends...haha...yea, right....friends! i'll hang with the animals, you keep your friends!

Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:15 am
Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:08 pm

Quote: orangesunshine wrote in post #17
Quote: Weedhopper wrote in post #16

really---how bad do ya really feel wh----lmfao---cry me a river---maybe u feel bad enuff to send me that 20 spot ur friend lost to me on the game

just shoot me your addy..you will get what ya deserve

Light travels faster then sound....... This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:11 pm

No Ranting here...that was all done driving down I-5..as the Hawk fans here road next to us screaming the heads off like idiots..lol...when they started to make Laura nervous...it started to get ugly....I think all sports has they idiots...

Light travels faster then sound....... This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Scroll up

in Just saying Hi Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:43 pm

Dont worry Bro,,I Cuss for an hour when the Cowboys loose,,,,Every year, LOL

We are a form of Energy and Energy never dies,,IT JUST CHANGES FORMS.
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 4 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 57 (yesterday 473) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: