VA and MJ

in Medical Marijuana Information Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:05 pm
by WillWeedton | 9 Posts | 54 Points

Anybody have any experience with the VA and MJ? I have my first appointment with the VA in a couple of weeks, and from what I can tell from looking online, they don't care about MJ usage, but I was hoping someone here would have some first hand experience. I'm just going in for a check up and initial visit, but they've scheduled me for lab work prior to seeing the doc. I don't live in a medical MJ state, so I guess my question is: should I bother trying to get my piss clean (if they even do a piss test for an initial workup), or should I just wait and see what the doc says when it comes back dirty?

If you have any first hand knowledge, I'd be grateful to know what you know.

This may not be the right spot for this question, but maybe someone will see it.

Thx, Will

"I have always loved marijuana. It has been a source of joy and comfort to me for many years. And I still think of it as a basic staple of life, along with beer and ice and grapefruits - and millions of Americans agree with me."
Hunter S Thompson
Scroll up

RE: VA and MJ

in Medical Marijuana Information Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:03 pm
by Monoxide | 649 Posts | 2595 Points

My wifes uncle went round and round with the VA. He takes medication for pain, but they told him if he didnt quit mj, they wouldnt give him pain medicine anymore. Seeing he couldnt get a persciption for mj he took the pills.

Scroll up

in Medical Marijuana Information Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:19 am
by Cubby | 1.267 Posts | 4795 Points

Do Not tell the VA about your MJ use! If they ask you, deny it! It will negatively impact your care. Also note, VA Doctors do not secure your medical records, anything they put in your records are searchable by other Federal agencies.............including, but not limited to DEA, FBI, et al.

MarP Class of 2007

BHC #6 7/8
Scroll up

in Medical Marijuana Information Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:50 pm
by Weedhopper | 1.210 Posts | 4031 Points

Its the Freaken Government,,why would you trust them to treat you fairly. Hell,,im a Vet and I wont step foot in a VA run organisation.

Scroll up

in Medical Marijuana Information Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:26 am
by toadley stoned | 100 Posts | 540 Points

i've been doing MJ n my doc at the VA knows it,, of course he 's from a country that beleives in MJ for health. guess i just lucked out. we have also discuss when my state goes for MJ,, that he will back me up,, no problem
good luck with ur VA, the hospitals r not always right,, but the things i have gone threw i'm glad the VA took care of them,, plus i'm 100% disabled

Scroll up

in Medical Marijuana Information Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:41 am
by 4u2sm0ke • Marijuana is good | 2.333 Posts | 10572 Points

Deny the use if your not in a MJ state...and I would tell them You Love to eat Poppy seed muffins every morning with your coffee...I dont know if they will be looking at Your Blood work for MJ But be safe non the less..

I dont like the VA here...

Light travels faster then sound....... This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Scroll up

in Medical Marijuana Information Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:47 am
by Weedhopper | 1.210 Posts | 4031 Points

Dont matter where you live,,ya better be carefull telling the Government any freaken thing thats personal or not Legal to the FEDS.

We are a form of Energy and Energy never dies,,IT JUST CHANGES FORMS. Im gonna be Dirt,,your gonna be POO. LOL
Scroll up

in Medical Marijuana Information Thu May 01, 2014 12:44 pm
by toadley stoned | 100 Posts | 540 Points

i 'm a vet also, here in Florida,, my doc is from India, n he knows that i smoke n also he said when it passes here in florida that he would b glad to help me ,, get on the MMJ program. i'd check around,, do U have one certin doctor
i'm 100% diabled, n have a primary doctor
i know they have signs al over the VA building against the MJ,,, but a lot of nurse n doctors here,, r all for it

toadley stoned n love it
peace my brothers

Scroll up

in Medical Marijuana Information Thu May 01, 2014 1:58 pm
by umbra | 780 Posts | 4085 Points

I have been helping a few amputees. I called them the COB, crippled old bikers. They are all Vets, they all take morphine. Smoking helps them reduce their opiates. VA tests them to make sure they are taking their meds and not selling them. So of course the have tested positive for cannabis, and the VA denied my 1 friend any meds. He called his State Representative and told them about his needs and why he takes cannabis. In less than a day, the VA wrote him a script. They told him to move to a state with mmj and they were cool about it.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 8 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 309 (yesterday 605) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: