looks like the other shoe finally dropped

in MarijuanaPassion Family Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:25 am
by orangesunshine | 803 Posts | 3182 Points

got a forum message from admin at marP asking for $$$ to keep the site afloat---option 2 sounds like he's getting geared up to start selling advertising---probably both

you the man thank you

"Marijuana Passion is an ad-free community that generates no revenue from ad sales, data, anything.

That means in order to pay our bills (server, software, etc.) we rely 100% on donations.

To facilitate this we have setup a Bitcoin Wallet you can donate privately to:

Thanks for Supporting Marijuana Passion, even if you don't post here, your donation is very appreciated. I hope you appreciate what we are doing and respect our ad-free approach."

Last edited Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:45 am | Scroll up

RE: looks like the other shoe finally dropped

in MarijuanaPassion Family Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:36 am
by bbr751 | 424 Posts | 1841 Points

Yeah I saw that yesterday

It worth a Google
Scroll up

in MarijuanaPassion Family Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:03 am
by 4u2sm0ke • Marijuana is good | 2.333 Posts | 10572 Points

The all great Ozzy was saying that ever since Marp had to go that route ....Hell i even baught the shirt last time...all I got from that site since was a Ban..lol...I also think that they will still head too adds even after they take peoples $$$$$....I will continue to "Donate " here

take care and be safe

Light travels faster then sound....... This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Scroll up

in MarijuanaPassion Family Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:46 am
by umbra | 780 Posts | 4085 Points

I don't think they will get enough money from donations to keep going for any length of time, so I guess it will be spam central

Scroll up

in MarijuanaPassion Family Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:32 am
by Cubby | 1.267 Posts | 4795 Points

When TA bought that place I looked at the rest of his "GroupBuilder" sites and saw this pattern. I said this was where he was heading, he's done it on every forum he's bought. So called "friends" told me I didn't know what I was talking about......because TA is totally awesome!!!

The next move will be....He didn't receive enough donations, so he'll have to sell ad space, a little at a time, but if you want to avoid the ads you can become a PAYING Supporter. The supporter status is tiered, the more you're willing to pay the more privileges you get, ie; more saved PMs, larger albums, extended period to edit your own posts, ect.

BHC #6 7/8
Scroll up

in MarijuanaPassion Family Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:50 am
by surfinc | 1.748 Posts | 6388 Points

Year later and biz is taking over .....
Seems to me he took your stuff and sold it without any revenue sharing..... Kinda lame....
Hope it doesn't keep all the pro from dropping all that knowledge..... It's things like tis that would.....
As I puff some ghost .....seems fitting ......

<p></p>

Last edited Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:52 am | Scroll up

in MarijuanaPassion Family Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:39 pm
by Monoxide | 649 Posts | 2595 Points

Is it bad to have ads flashing? most sites have them. Am I missing something?

Whoop Whoop! MCL!!
Scroll up

in MarijuanaPassion Family Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:41 pm
by Melvan | 492 Posts | 2234 Points

Wasn't there always a banner ad there before? I remember an Attitude banner, and everyone buying there seeds from there and running grow threads. And then a Nirvana banner, and everyone buying seeds from there and running grow threads. So what's the problem with a banner ad now?

Maybe I just see it differently because I spent 25 years in the ad selling game, made good money doing it too. But if a few ads is what it takes to keep a site you like up and running, I don't see the problem.

http://www.greenthumbgirls.com/
Scroll up

in MarijuanaPassion Family Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:50 pm

i guess what you might be missing is the nonsense that happened when the site was purchased---some might just call it business---i on the other hand call it misrepresentation of fact in effort to gain an upper hand in negotiations

Scroll up

in MarijuanaPassion Family Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:58 pm
by Monoxide | 649 Posts | 2595 Points

yes, I can see it as a mom and pop store selling out to a wal mart type. It changes everything. That is why I don't post anywhere else but here.

Whoop Whoop! MCL!!
Scroll up

in MarijuanaPassion Family Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:13 pm

The point is he has lied repeatedly. He said when he bought the place "Nothing will change"...then restricted peoples ability to edit/delete their own posts.
When asked directly, by me, if he was gonna' turn it into a pay site, he said "No Way".........watch what he does next. It will be turned into a split site, the haves and have-nots.
If someone on disability needs grow info, but can't afford the price......drop dead!
I have no problem with someone running a site for profit, but be honest about it. This guy's a scumbag.

BHC #6 7/8
Scroll up

in MarijuanaPassion Family Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:24 pm

I dig where you're coming from. If he had planned to do this all along, just say it. Don't back peddle six months later.

Scroll up

in MarijuanaPassion Family Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:33 pm
by PowerPlanter | 9 Posts | 22 Points

Who is TA? I didn't even know the site was sold...lol

Scroll up

in MarijuanaPassion Family Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:04 pm
by 4u2sm0ke • Marijuana is good | 2.333 Posts | 10572 Points

@PowerPlanter

TechAdmin...as cubby said...the scum bag that purchased MP...

@Melvan ...The Banners that was up was a support for MP...for those that baught through the banner MP got some kick-backs...is why we allways told folks to go to those site through the banner...other wise MarrP didnt get credit....This new owner uses more adds than just marijuana based adds...and the adds will have addware and I dont like care for crsp tagged on my pc...we had adds here untill ozzy and I decided to upgrade..we have everything here with great info and great growers to help. and we will never ask you for $$$$

take care and be safe

Light travels faster then sound....... This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Scroll up

in MarijuanaPassion Family Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:48 pm

TA's request for donations is a trojan horse. The donations don't matter, but the amount people donate will give TA an idea of where to set membership (supporter) rates. The adds are coming, and members will have to pay for the privilege of not seeing them.

I predict the next "event" will be TA saying thanks for the donations, but he needs to have a stable, reliable source of income to maintain the site....so he's gonna' sell ad space....like he said he wouldn't.

BHC #6 7/8
Scroll up

in MarijuanaPassion Family Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:29 pm
by Justa420Friend | 633 Posts | 2284 Points

yes, exact same pattern I lived through on another forum (hobby) I was on quite a few years ago.
I stopped back there a few months ago... didn't even recognize the sight (front page) or forum.

Your Experience is like Water
I am like Rockwool

"While marijuana may not be addictive, most of us have found that this growing thing is."
The Hemp Goddess 9/28/14; MP
Scroll up

in MarijuanaPassion Family Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:36 am

Quote: 4u2sm0ke wrote in post #14

take care and be safe

hey brother---just for sheitz and giggles if you still got it---lets see a pic of that high quality t shirt you got

Last edited Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:38 am | Scroll up

in MarijuanaPassion Family Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:51 pm
by Timbrrline | 485 Posts | 1782 Points

I only know what went down thru confabs w a mutual. thats why i joined here.

Scroll up

in MarijuanaPassion Family Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:34 am

People are freaking out this morning. I got 4 PM's about the new happenings. Looks like they finally woke up to the fact that whatever you post (pics, DIY's, ect) at MP becomes TA's property to do with what he pleases. You give up all control of content once you hit send.

BHC #6 7/8
Scroll up

in MarijuanaPassion Family Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:44 am
by LEFTHAND | 111 Posts | 418 Points

Wtf. So I gather this goes for old info DIY shet too. ???
Most of any of me on there was lost in the big crash.
That's sad to hear MP was a great place.
LH.

Scroll up

in MarijuanaPassion Family Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:45 am

deleted

Last edited Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:51 am | Scroll up

in MarijuanaPassion Family Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:46 am
by Justa420Friend | 633 Posts | 2284 Points

lol its (one of) multi's (alter ego) signature pointing that out

makes me pause for sure as I LOVE to post pics

Your Experience is like Water
I am like Rockwool

"While marijuana may not be addictive, most of us have found that this growing thing is."
The Hemp Goddess 9/28/14; MP

Last edited Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:47 am | Scroll up

in MarijuanaPassion Family Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:54 am

oh well---guess it was good while it lasted---i ain't gonna be crying over it

Scroll up

in MarijuanaPassion Family Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:36 pm

All you guys can do is sit and wait and see. If MP goes a direction you don't like, then have a back up plan for all your friends to find you somewhere else.

I feel like since my days at MP I've moved around so much from site to site, but as long as my friends are there with me, they're all home.

Scroll up

in MarijuanaPassion Family Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:42 pm
by LEFTHAND | 111 Posts | 418 Points

Close friends melvan aren't my biggest beef. Info n the proper help newbies got get n received from there was great. Friendly enviro everything.
There isnt sites like that or so far few n between i haven't came across one like it.
Love this pkace cuz most yo all of the members share n feel the same about info helping n mj.
That's what grinds my gears. I won't cry over it due to kits if hard wrk n posting n time was lost. Wish people would pull there heads outta the greedy cloud.
LH.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 4 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 447 (yesterday 224) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: