5 legal states

in Coffee Table Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:52 pm
by surfinc | 1.748 Posts | 6388 Points

Well, could we all believe this was going to happen?
As little as a few years back this was never never land...

I for one kind wondering how the Feds can keep this a class 1 drug ?
Interestingly times...
Feeling a loss in my cash crops up ahead.....not sure how I feel about all that yet..although was bound to happen one way or another....

Any thought peeps??

<p></p>
Scroll up

RE: 5 legal states

in Coffee Table Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:26 pm
by Justa420Friend | 633 Posts | 2284 Points

I just want to get out of my basement,
been "hiding down here" since I was 16

It's about time a grown man can grow 3 plants and smoke a joint in his backyard without worrying about if the neighbors can smell or see what I'm doing!!

I've never made money selling, @ best I "broke even" and smoked for free but that was not stuff I grew.
So that aspect of this is not on my radar.

Your Experience is like Water
I am like Rockwool

"While marijuana may not be addictive, most of us have found that this growing thing is."
The Hemp Goddess 9/28/14; MP

Last edited Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:32 pm | Scroll up

in Coffee Table Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:16 am
by Cubby | 1.267 Posts | 4795 Points

I want full legalization NOW!!!

I've never been a cash cropper, and don't care how legalization effects peoples profit margins. If someone can make a legal profit off it, I say great and congrats. If you're selling illegally and untaxed, and get toss in the pokey....you knew the risk.

The focus should not be on who profits. Wether the Gov thru taxes, or the dealers thru market share. It's about adults having the right to decide for themselves wether or not to use marijuana or any other substance responsibly.

No one should have their freedom endangered because someone else disagrees with their personal choices.

BHC #6 7/8

Last edited Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:16 am | Scroll up

in Coffee Table Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:51 pm

I agree...on all of it....
I'm just lucky to live around a lot of lazy wealthy stoners I guess....
I am driven by smoking buds that I know what has been done to it.... via spray ..or feed or care and handling etc.....
I'm a pot snob is a better way to say it....

I don't like to have to say I'm sick to get to do the grow under the "rules".. Just lessens it for people who are actually sick IMO....

<p></p>
Scroll up

in Coffee Table Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:12 am
by Monoxide | 649 Posts | 2595 Points

It crazy that the f'n CAPITAL OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA you can smoke cannabis legally now, but its federally not ok. Something is wrong here.

Whoop Whoop! MCL!!
Scroll up

in Coffee Table Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:41 am
by Cubby | 1.267 Posts | 4795 Points

Quote: Monoxide wrote in post #5
It crazy that the f'n CAPITAL OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA you can smoke cannabis legally now, but its federally not ok. Something is wrong here.

It will be interesting to see how this shakes out. Where as DC is not a state, the congress has considerable say in what goes on there....regardless of the districts voters voice. There are many congress critters totally opposed to legalization and many more that don't want to go against the vocal opponents.

But all in all ...it's a step in the right direction.

BHC #6 7/8
Scroll up

in Coffee Table Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:38 am
by umbra | 780 Posts | 4085 Points

the more the merrier. IMO cash croppers are going to make out. CO ran out of weed the first day it went legal. Washington state was out the first week. These are states that had robust mmj programs, and it wasn't enough. I think the same will hold true else where. Once CA goes legal, and it will, the entire West Coast will be legal. When this happens...the rest will follow quickly.

Scroll up

in Coffee Table Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:02 pm
by 4u2sm0ke • Marijuana is good | 2.333 Posts | 10572 Points

Yup,,,Never enough Weed...every Recreational pot shop here runs out in the first week...Millions $$$$ in taxes....

Im glad to be in this era

take care and be safe

Light travels faster then sound....... This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Scroll up

in Coffee Table Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:49 pm
by Weedhopper | 1.210 Posts | 4031 Points

Quote: Cubby wrote in post #3
I want full legalization NOW!!!

I've never been a cash cropper, and don't care how legalization effects peoples profit margins. If someone can make a legal profit off it, I say great and congrats. If you're selling illegally and untaxed, and get toss in the pokey....you knew the risk.

The focus should not be on who profits. Wether the Gov thru taxes, or the dealers thru market share. It's about adults having the right to decide for themselves wether or not to use marijuana or any other substance responsibly.

No one should have their freedom endangered because someone else disagrees with their personal choices.

Well said Bro. You are right on the money.

We all are a form of Energy,,, and Energy never dies,,IT CHANGES FORMS. Im gonna be Dirt,,your gonna be POO. LOL
Scroll up

in Coffee Table Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:01 pm

what has to happen for your state to even be able to vote on it?

Whoop Whoop! MCL!!
Scroll up

in Coffee Table Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:14 am
by MethMan | 16 Posts | 75 Points

You guys are so lucky in the US.
Our only hope here in Europe is that more and more US-states continue to legalize our favourite herb so polititians in Europe realize how much money/taxes they are missing out on... Half of the money and time I invest in my little hobby goes to "staying under the radar" which is completely ridiculous if you ask me...

Also you guys are making huge steps in terms of better growing techniques,equipment, strains, medical usability and so on while we are falling behind even more over here...

I'm so jealous ;-)

Scroll up

in Coffee Table Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:29 am

Quote: MethMan wrote in post #11
You guys are so lucky in the US.
Our only hope here in Europe is that more and more US-states continue to legalize our favourite herb so polititians in Europe realize how much money/taxes they are missing out on... Half of the money and time I invest in my little hobby goes to "staying under the radar" which is completely ridiculous if you ask me...

Also you guys are making huge steps in terms of better growing techniques,equipment, strains, medical usability and so on while we are falling behind even more over here...

I'm so jealous ;-)

I feel ya! Alot of us are in states where it isn't even legal medically,

Whoop Whoop! MCL!!
Scroll up

in Coffee Table Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:52 am
by Smokinmom | 755 Posts | 2295 Points

Right on, cubby. I agree 100%.

"I have Social Disease. I have to go out every night. If I stay home one night I start spreading rumours to my dogs."
~ Andy Worhol
Scroll up

in Coffee Table Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:01 pm
by Timbrrline | 485 Posts | 1782 Points

There will be a period when everybody will attempt to garden herbs after your state goes legal. Some can and some cant. Most will grow alfalfa tasting herbs and some will grow dank. All wanna sell it it for top shelf premium pricing.

Scroll up

in Coffee Table Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:55 pm

Some growers, believe it or not, don't grow for the $$. I myself got tired of paying top shelf prices for mid mj, I love being able to share and see people reactions comments etc. " even though they don't know I grow it" I would love to be able to let friends know that's my product.

Whoop Whoop! MCL!!

Last edited Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:56 pm | Scroll up

in Coffee Table Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:11 pm

Quote: Monoxide wrote in post #15
Some growers, believe it or not, don't grow for the $$. I myself got tired of paying top shelf prices for mid mj, I love being able to share and see people reactions comments etc. " even though they don't know I grow it" I would love to be able to let friends know that's my product.

@Monoxide I understand where you are coming from..
The closest friends (proximity wise) don't get to know.. All of my initial interest was for a better personal sack. Knowing it wasn't sprayed or dipped in whatever chemical was available to the grower etc...
Then the stores popped up like weeds....I feel lucky to be around a few thousand people that see no harm in spending 60 dollars and eight ..320 an ounce....
Cashing out the surpluses of a crop here in So Cal is quite easy, as long as what you bring is better than what they have..
Key point...better than what they have...
I'm no big time anything....but money is money bro ...who we kidding??

<p></p>
Scroll up