September to remember!!!

in Outdoor grow shows Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:48 pm
by anglerguy78 | 67 Posts | 333 Points

Well it's been a great September so far and heading into fall. Big concern of early mild frost on Thursday night but will probably let all buds grow cause I'm not prepared to do major harvest. The girls are in a semi-protected area so they could probably take a couple hours of 0c. I might take a couple minor tops (one from each of three plants) prior to frost just in case. Girls still have some weight to put on and if they can get through Thursday night, they could probably go at least 5-7 days before next cold front comes through when I might have to plan on some harvest. Won't count chickens before they are hatched but so far, they are looking GOOOOD. Got some colas 12+ inches long and 2+ fat but they are 8ft branches so will need a good step ladder to do closer inspection and harvest. Will send pics from on high tomorrow. Girl scout cookie shown below. Thanks to all for your grow advice...probably increased last year's yield by 4 times with one fewer plant...rough estimate...3-4lbs wet per girl....really amazed.

Attached pictures:
20140910.gsc (960x1280).jpg
20140912.gsc.close (1280x960).jpg
20140912gsc (960x1280).jpg
Scroll up

RE: September to remember!!!

in Outdoor grow shows Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:20 pm
by KindbuD | 152 Posts | 804 Points

They r looking nice!!! Let em go they can take a few frosts no prob its usually only that cold for a few hrs in the early morning they can take it no problem

MarP Class Of 2006..... Keep On Growing!!

Last edited Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:21 pm | Scroll up

in Outdoor grow shows Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:21 pm
by 4u2sm0ke • Marijuana is good | 2.333 Posts | 10572 Points

I agree ^^^^^

but ... If they are looking great and ya say your not ready for a big harvest....Like me start the harvest now...yes..we are in what may be the best outdoor season in years...Ride it as long as we can and take what we feel....Mid September and Im stripping leaves..with no covers

take care and be safe

Light travels faster then sound....... This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Scroll up

in Outdoor grow shows Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:05 pm

You are right about a good grow season this year...here in new England....it's supah!

I'll take some from each on Saturday morning and get the party started. Might be pretty stinky in the ole drying shed. You think a dehumidifier set for very dry and a 30in floor fan (aimed away from girls) will do enough to get things dry? Or should I invest in a fan/filter system...really want to keep it simple. The shed has some screened windows and roof vents for air exchange. I'm just trying to keep the stink in and get the girls dried at the same time. Will probably do the paper bag 2day dry after hanging dry cause it worked well last year before jarring. Good luck man.

Scroll up

in Outdoor grow shows Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:53 pm

I never us a dehumidifyer just a fan blowing fresh air it to the room i dry on screens after trimming and hanging i let buds hang for a few days then into the dry box a dresser with screens in the pull out boxs and also have another screen ill post pics later but usually takea no more then 10 days for it to ve time to go in the jar

Scroll up

in Outdoor grow shows Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:19 pm
by Melvan | 492 Posts | 2234 Points

This one looks like a Plant of the Month entry to me. Great job!

http://www.greenthumbgirls.com/
Scroll up

in Outdoor grow shows Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:39 pm

Thanks mel. She got a bit fatter since that pic. I'll get another shot of her on Sunday after the brief chill tonight and a couple balmy weekend days. I need a wider angle lens. Your purps look great. Maybe my afghan skunk will get some purple after the chill. Will get a shot of her too. Later.

Scroll up

in Outdoor grow shows Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:07 am

How talls that plant angler?? I know on some of my plants its super hard to get good shots of the whole plant cause their so big lol isnt that the best prob ever lol

Last edited Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:08 am | Scroll up

in Outdoor grow shows Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:40 pm

Hey kindB,
She's a good 7' and her sister, ms. green crack, has some tops nearly 8'. First pic shows girlscout cookie and green crack. Second pic is afghan skunk in front pushing 8' also with green crack behind. Probably gonna put the shed to good use sometime this week....Yeee Haaaa
! Green mojo!

Attached pictures:
IMG_1612 (960x1280).jpg
IMG_1618 (960x1280).jpg
Scroll up

in Outdoor grow shows Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:31 pm
by tcbud | 42 Posts | 189 Points

Hello, plants look excellent! I have heard Girl Scout Cookies does not do well outdoors. Yours look primo, you say she got pretty tall? Or is she wide and stacked?

Scroll up

in Outdoor grow shows Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:01 pm

Her tallest 2 branches are 7+ ft, the rest of tops avg 6.5 ft. She's about 5 ft dia with about 10 mains and about 30 secondary tops all around sides. Her width is deceptive because I pulled the edge branches back and secured to surrounding support strings. This opened up her middle for extra inside branch development. She has a greenish-yellow hue when compared to her sisters afghan skunk and green crack. This was a great growing season in new England (had girls out in ground on 4/24) so that may have something to do with her health...plus I'm sure my endless visits, watering, feeding w/FF big grown, big bloom, tiger bloom, cha ching, molasses, checking perimeter fences, deer spray, and tie up supports helped too. Gonna get another week of mid 70s highs and low 40s lows with no rain....woooo hoooo!!!

Scroll up

in Outdoor grow shows Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:08 pm
by surfinc | 1.748 Posts | 6388 Points

How do you do all the trim work??

<p></p>
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

guest counter
Today were 34 (yesterday 185) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: