Cannabis amnesty box at Colorado airport

in Marijuana in the News Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:21 pm
by 7greeneyes | 469 Posts | 1830 Points

url: hMPp://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/10577959/Cannabis-amnesty-box-at-Colorado-airport.html

An airport in Colorado has introduced cannabis amnesty boxes in which departing passengers can dump their drugs before leaving the state.

Colorado Springs Airport set up the drop boxes weeks after the state became the first in the United States to legalise sales of cannabis to the general public for personal use.

The drug cannot be legally taken out of Colorado and is still prohibited at the state's airports.

Officials have been encouraging users to dispose of their cannabis before reaching the airport, or to leave it in their parked cars for their return.
However, some users have been unaware of the rules and found themselves in possession of the drug shortly before boarding flights.

If it is found during the airport screening process then police are called and those in possession face a fine.

Colorado Springs police chief Pete Carey said the amnesty boxes would allow people to dispose of their cannabis without a penalty, rather than having to go outside the airport and missing their flight. The drugs left in the boxes will be destroyed.

Once passengers board their flight they are subject to federal rather than Colorado law and can be arrested and jailed if found in possession of the drug.

Colorado's biggest airport, Denver International Airport, has banned the drug from its premises.

Eagle County Airport is also considering amnesty boxes. An airport spokesman told NBC News: “What we don’t want is them throwing it in the trash can. Then you have other people digging through the garbage."

BHC# 711

"When injustice becomes law, then resistance becomes duty."
Thomas Jefferson

“I am not the lifestyle police.”- (my new hero) Pitkin County, CO Sheriff Joe DiSalvo

Scroll up

RE: Cannabis amnesty box at Colorado airport

in Marijuana in the News Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:03 pm
by Weedhopper | 1.210 Posts | 4031 Points

Puts a whole new meaning to "Dumpster Diving"..

Scroll up

in Marijuana in the News Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:18 pm
by 7greeneyes | 469 Posts | 1830 Points

i KNOW, I was just thinking that when they said that the cannabis would be destroyed, I was like "Yeah right in their pipes...lol.."

BHC# 711

"When injustice becomes law, then resistance becomes duty."
Thomas Jefferson

“I am not the lifestyle police.”- (my new hero) Pitkin County, CO Sheriff Joe DiSalvo

Scroll up

in Marijuana in the News Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:32 pm
by JustAnotherAntMarching | 13 Posts | 112 Points

Think ya can just grab a bag when ya land outta the box??

Scroll up

in Marijuana in the News Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:08 pm
by ozzydiodude • The Weird One | 2.474 Posts | 11542 Points

I'll stand outside the airport in orange robes with a sign " Need Buzz Please Help"

Let's help each other, by spreading our knowledge of the plants we love

Cannabis grown with care grows into medicine somewhere!
Scroll up

in Marijuana in the News Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm
by surfinc | 1.748 Posts | 6388 Points

i was thinking hold a sign above a box a few afternoons a month..

<></p>
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 10 Guests are online.

guest counter
Today were 73 (yesterday 460) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1231 topics and 21953 posts.

0 members have been online today: